Tavern

Eeek! Bugs!
technohat
Regular Poster

Tavern

Post by technohat »

Are the messages in the tavern supposed to repeat a whole bunch of times?
For example,
You look around and see the following people:
creative nickname
drane
Dresden
ellsconstantine
Hagrid
Job
Tara
Jan was slain by a Menacing Figure
<Plucky> that one you might want to visit a little later or with lots of potions. Menacing figure is a mean one
<Plucky> that one you might want to visit a little later or with lots of potions. Menacing figure is a mean one

Also, I'm getting the following error mixed in with the rest of the discussions when I enter the tavern.

Oops! You ran out of space in HTML5 local storage. You won't be able to save any more history until you increase your browser's limit or you /clear the existing history.
FYI, I use Firefox.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

There's a known bug with the TvT if you have localStorage enabled and you have unseen messages and you have the TvT minimized and you move around from page to page without unminimizing it. If that sounds like it applies, then I already know about it. Either way, let me know.

For the error message you're seeing, that means that Firefox is advertising localStorage support, but sets to it are failing (because there isn't enough space). It's quite possible that due to the above bug you've totally filled your localStorage (default, 5M per domain). If you do a

Code: Select all

/clear
in the Tavern (or click the /clear link in the error message), does that clear out your history and get rid of the error message?
technohat
Regular Poster

Post by technohat »

Mad Merlin wrote:There's a known bug with the TvT if you have localStorage enabled and you have unseen messages and you have the TvT minimized and you move around from page to page without unminimizing it. If that sounds like it applies, then I already know about it. Either way, let me know.
That sounds exactly like what is happening.
For the error message you're seeing, that means that Firefox is advertising localStorage support, but sets to it are failing (because there isn't enough space). It's quite possible that due to the above bug you've totally filled your localStorage (default, 5M per domain). If you do a

Code: Select all

/clear
in the Tavern (or click the /clear link in the error message), does that clear out your history and get rid of the error message?
Using the /clear command did get rid of the error. Thanks.