How high does spell proficiency go ?

Oh yeah? Well my Mage can beat up your Mage!
dissonance
Regular Poster

How high does spell proficiency go ?

Post by dissonance »

I was wondering if someone could tell me if there is a cap on how high spell proficiencies go and/or if there's a cap per level. I'm also wondering if it's worthwhile to keep building up Blaze or if I'll just never use it again past a higher level. Of course the latter is kind of a play the game and find out kind of question. Oh and I'm only level 13 but I'm starting to wonder if there is anything to do with the right hand besides just more Attack. Like a righty shield... But that's another thing i'm ok with waiting to find out.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

There's no hard cap on proficiency, but your growth in it will gradually get slower. You probably shouldn't cheap out on spells, you can always get more gold later, plus there's no limit on how many spells you can learn.

Right now there's no righty shields, I'm planning on adding some Mage weapons (that boost something other than Attack) soon though.
dissonance
Regular Poster

Post by dissonance »

Oh, +hp or mana would be handy. Could steal the flowing thought idea from EQ and put a mana replenish per turn on a mage weapon. Or elemental damage boosts. or chance to crit spells. which reminds me. Does critical work for mages?
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

dissonance wrote:Oh, +hp or mana would be handy. Could steal the flowing thought idea from EQ and put a mana replenish per turn on a mage weapon. Or elemental damage boosts. or chance to crit spells. which reminds me. Does critical work for mages?
Critical only works for physical attacks, not spells.