Game! Sidebar Firefox AddOn v0.2 Released

Didn't find your forum yet? Maybe this is it.
Will
Regular Poster

Game! Sidebar Firefox AddOn v0.2 Released

Post by Will »

I've just made the first version of Game! Sidebar available for download from SourceForge. It is far from perfect, but the basic features are starting to come together. Give it a try if you like and post your feedback. I'm very interested in any usability issues, bug reports, and feature requests.

Current Features

Auto Battle - Does the grinding for you. Use at your own risk, the algorithm is very basic and won't protect you from death.
  • Repeatedly adventure in a given area
  • Heal after each battle
  • Stop after reaching the next level
  • Stop after reaching a given stamina level
Sidebar display of Game! information and statistics
  • Bestiary (statistics gathering not yet implemented)
  • Food Information (statistics gathering not yet implemented)
  • Item Drop Statistics (statistics gathering not yet implemented)

Features to be added in future releases

Implement data/statistics gathering - Planning to store this data under the Firefox profile in a JSON text file. Perhaps with a feature to export as CSV.
  • Monster data including information from BND
  • Food information
  • Item drop information
Auto Battle Enhancements
  • Improved Healing algorithm, heal when needed and not after each battle
  • Stop when a given item drops
  • Use healing potions
  • Cast War Cry, Murderous Rage, etc when the effect runs out
  • Run away/Egress when certain conditions are met
EDIT
New version 0.2 just released with a few minor enhancements. Statistics gathering for item drops will be coming next. Hopefully some time next week. I've been a little busy with some other projects to focus on this. Enjoy!
Last edited by Will on Fri May 22, 2009 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
--Will aka Smelly Steve
Hyppy
Regular Poster

Post by Hyppy »

It seems to not be compatible with FF 3.0.10
Will
Regular Poster

Post by Will »

Yeah, that's a problem I need to post a fix for. This is my first Firefox AddOn, so I'm still learning the ropes. I gave a specific version number in the install manifest (3.0.9) instead of something more generic (3.0.*). I've fixed it in the SVN repository but I haven't put up a new binary yet. I'll try to get it done today and let you know when it is ready.

*EDIT* - New version now ready for download
--Will aka Smelly Steve
Rick
Regular Poster

Post by Rick »

Will,

Nice Job! I just tested it with a mage and a fighter and it works great. My mouse clicking finger thanks you. I look forward to the forthcoming features!

Rick
Hyppy
Regular Poster

Post by Hyppy »

Works great!
heretic
Regular Poster

Post by heretic »

Im using 3.0.10 and it doesnt seem to work - I dont see any menus or options regarding the extension
Will
Regular Poster

Post by Will »

Press Ctrl-Shift-! and the sidebar will show up. Alternatively, you can go to View -> Sidebar -> Game! Sidebar
--Will aka Smelly Steve
heretic
Regular Poster

Post by heretic »

My fingers and mouse thank you!
rixkix
Regular Poster

Post by rixkix »

Thank you
Will
Regular Poster

Post by Will »

I just released v0.3 of Game! Sidebar. Nothing too major, but there are two new features:
  • Gathering and displaying Item Drop stats
  • Added "Swap All Items" button for quickly putting your entire Inventory (less the trusty Portable Mini Oven) up for trade in the Swap Shop
At this point, the Drop statistics aren't persisted to disk, so they clear out after each Game! session. In addition to persistence, I've got some other changes/enhancements to this feature in mind including:
  • Sort ascending/descending by clicking on a column heading
  • Group hierarchically by Item so that all statistics for a given item are listed together.
Any other suggestions or requests for this? I'm still not quite sure how to make the data most useful.

Enjoy!
--Will aka Smelly Steve
Hyppy
Regular Poster

Post by Hyppy »

Just a little nitpick: v0.3 shows up as v0.2 in Firefox's Add-ons. In case it matters, this is on 3.0.10 on Linux.
Will
Regular Poster

Post by Will »

Oh, you're right. I forgot to update the version number in the install manifest. I'll fix that for the next version. Thanks!
--Will aka Smelly Steve
rixkix
Regular Poster

Post by rixkix »

Is there any way to exclude more than one spell? Near the end of a fight, sometimes Minor Life drain or Egress is cast, and I'd like to exclude them both.
Will
Regular Poster

Post by Will »

I'll see what I can do, I don't think that would be too difficult to accomplish.
--Will aka Smelly Steve
keybounce
Regular Poster

Post by keybounce »

So the game sidebar seems a little hard to use.

First, it insists on saying that I'm in Easy zone, when I'm not. And there doesn't seem to be a way to change it.

Second, even when it is off, going into a zone starts a fight, and plays it to the end.

Third, I got this message after the battle:
File Not Found

Firefox can't find the file at jar:file:///Users/Shared/Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/chrome/browser.jar!/content/browser/null.

* Could the item have been renamed, removed, or relocated?
* Is there a spelling, capitalization, or other typographical error in the address?
* Do you have sufficient access permissions to the requested item?

Finally, the monster stats, and item drop stats, never change. Still blank, and I've fought many monsters, at least two on auto combat.