Flashlight

Do you play Game! too? Maybe you should discuss it in here.
Monso
Regular Poster

Flashlight

Post by Monso »

Do you have to find this from somewhere or make it? (for the quest)
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

It's a random drop from any monster level 15 or up.
Monso
Regular Poster

Post by Monso »

I've been leveling @ the Large Crater 18+ for 3 days and I still haven't found a flashlight.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

They're not that rare, but sometimes the RNG really just doesn't like you much at all. I should probably put in a guaranteed Flashlight somewhere around there.
Rux
Regular Poster

not rare

Post by Rux »

yeah not rare when you don't need them. i got hundreds of the things and can't do anything with them. except sell the for a high markup. :)
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Re: not rare

Post by Mad Merlin »

Rux wrote:yeah not rare when you don't need them. i got hundreds of the things and can't do anything with them. except sell the for a high markup. :)
As if you sell anything for something other than a high markup.
Rux
Regular Poster

markup

Post by Rux »

very high markup
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Re: markup

Post by Mad Merlin »

Rux wrote:very high markup
True.
FunLovingKiller
Regular Poster

Post by FunLovingKiller »

Two characters, both level 19, been fighting 15 or up since 15 via dragon cave or crater, no flashlight. It will happen when it happens, I'm not worried.

I did get a certain rare dorp, though.
kdubs
Regular Poster

Post by kdubs »

I've been destroying all kinds of things trying to make a flashlight. thank god for this post...
xoyv
Regular Poster

Post by xoyv »

the best way to increase drops is to offer up a sacrafice to the RNG. just like the RNG its self, the offering needs to be random, so good luck
keybounce
Regular Poster

Post by keybounce »

assert(this.class == forum.class)
this.game.RandomFactory.offer(rnd(ctime(null)));

Oh, why is the compiler complaining?
Loony
Regular Poster

Post by Loony »

Just how likely/unlikely is it? Are Gold Dragons/Vampire Bats sufficiently high-level to drop it? I'm going nuts trying to find one!
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Loony wrote:Just how likely/unlikely is it? Are Gold Dragons/Vampire Bats sufficiently high-level to drop it? I'm going nuts trying to find one!
When the Flashlight was originally introduced, the chance was about 1% for each item that dropped at in a level 17 area. However, since then, more items have been added and have actually lowered the chances of a Flashlight getting dropped in the same area to about 0.33%, which is probably too rare.

I've just lowered the item level of the Flashlight from 15 to 13, which makes it both more likely to drop (up to about 0.85% chance per drop in a level 17 area), and able to drop two levels earlier (giving you much more time to be able to find one before you need one for the quest).

To answer your other question, yes, Gold Dragons and Vampire Bats can drop the Flashlight.
Loony
Regular Poster

Post by Loony »

Thanks! I ended up buying one anyway, as it happened to show up in the Market at the right time for me. :) Still hasn't dropped yet, but I was able to complete that quest.