bot

Do you play Game! too? Maybe you should discuss it in here.
tututu
Regular Poster

bot

Post by tututu »

whould you be bothered by a (little and stupid) wittyrpg-bot like KoLmafia (but more stupid)??
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

I'd prefer if you'd let me know what you find tedious enough to automate. Then there's the opportunity to fix it for everyone.
tututu
Regular Poster

Post by tututu »

maybe the bot could look every hour if a certain item is avaible at the market and buy it.

but i am afraid that nobody would create such a bot, sinch i can't do such things on my own :oops: . i would ask a friend who can do such things to create such a bot, but only if you won't be bothered......
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Actually, that's something that would be pretty easy and sensible to implement directly within Game!. When you visit the Market, if something you want isn't there, you could leave a deposit for the maximum amount you'd pay for the item, and if someone puts it up, you'll automatically buy it.

I'll add that feature, hopefully before the weekend.
tututu
Regular Poster

Post by tututu »

yeah, that would be very cool.

another idea:
why not show the average sell price for every item sold at the marktet?
I think that would be interesting......
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Item reservations are implemented now.

Average market prices tie in a bit with another feature that I'd like to implement. Basically, have the Market remember the last price you put an item up for, and use that to autofill the price field instead of the default sale price + the stocking fee.
hughperkins
Regular Poster

Post by hughperkins »

Mad Merlin wrote:I'd prefer if you'd let me know what you find tedious enough to automate. Then there's the opportunity to fix it for everyone.
Well... my internet is quite slow, so waiting for the reload from every spell cast takes a while... it'd speed things up if I could just say "ok, so do a minor life drain 4 times, then a quake, then switch to me if the monster is still alive", and just click go, and have that as the default for each monster.

Sort of a custom combo attack if you like.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

hughperkins wrote:
Mad Merlin wrote:I'd prefer if you'd let me know what you find tedious enough to automate. Then there's the opportunity to fix it for everyone.
Well... my internet is quite slow, so waiting for the reload from every spell cast takes a while... it'd speed things up if I could just say "ok, so do a minor life drain 4 times, then a quake, then switch to me if the monster is still alive", and just click go, and have that as the default for each monster.

Sort of a custom combo attack if you like.
Hmm... those pages should be quite small (1-2k, everything else should be cached), so the main factor there should be the latency.

There are a few improvements I'd like to add to the battle system interface (essentially, keyboard shortcuts), but I actually hadn't thought of anything like the custom combos you're proposing. I'll have to give that some thought and see how I can integrate it without making it too complex, and then find the time to actually code it, of course.
dissonance
Regular Poster

Post by dissonance »

Hi, I've been playing for a couple of days now and love the game so far. I happened to be thinking about this on my way home from work. :D . I was imagining something like the gambit system from Final Fantasy XII. You could list conditions in order of priority like:

Myself HP<10% [Then] Run
Monster HP > 300 [Then] Cast Life Drain
Monster HP < 20 [Then] Cast Blaze

Since it seems that you don't want to present hard numbers to the players for monster hp you can use % or the damage descriptions in the game. I also thought about having options for 1st turn...2nd turn mixed in with the system above maybe even put them into priority too like:

Myself HP<10% [Then] Run
1st Turn [Then] Cast Buff
3rd Turn [Then] Cast Some Spell to become more proficient
Monster HP < 10 [Then] Cast Blaze

And the method would have to have a way to check for mp and whatever else. And maybe a adjustable wait time so that you can watch the battles. Oh and a way to pause if you need to do something differently. Oh and the one thing I always wanted in FFXII was a way to edit the gambits without leaving battle. It would be nice to work on them while your characters are still doing stuff. Just some ideas thrown out there.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

dissonance wrote:Hi, I've been playing for a couple of days now and love the game so far. I happened to be thinking about this on my way home from work. :D . I was imagining something like the gambit system from Final Fantasy XII. You could list conditions in order of priority like:

Myself HP<10% [Then] Run
Monster HP < 20 [Then] Cast Blaze

Since it seems that you don't want to present hard numbers to the players for monster hp you can use % or the damage descriptions in the game. I also thought about having options for 1st turn...2nd turn mixed in with the system above maybe even put them into priority too like:

Myself HP<10% [Then] Run
1st Turn [Then] Cast Buff
3rd Turn [Then] Cast Some Spell to become more proficient
Monster HP < 10 [Then] Cast Blaze

And the method would have to have a way to check for mp and whatever else. And maybe a adjustable wait time so that you can watch the battles. Oh and a way to pause if you need to do something differently. Oh and the one thing I always wanted in FFXII was a way to edit the gambits without leaving battle. It would be nice to work on them while your characters are still doing stuff. Just some ideas thrown out there.
That would be pretty cool, though likely a lot of work. I guess it's within reason though, a lot of other games do have minilanguages in which you can write scripts for a variety of purposes. No promises on having that feature out for Christmas...

Also, you can see hard numbers for monster HP, provided you have the right pet following you...
Wally
Regular Poster

The right pet

Post by Wally »

Mad Merlin wrote:Also, you can see hard numbers for monster HP, provided you have the right pet following you...
And it was one of those laugh out moments for me, when I realized how to make that pet. Wish I would find out how to make the ones I'm still missing... :roll:
Rux
Regular Poster

Pets

Post by Rux »

I've always wanted a way to help me run if I got too low on hp. the pony could help with some of this if there was a way to have it try to run automatically if i get below a certain level or percentage.
indros
Regular Poster

I second the auto-run option

Post by indros »

I pick a zone, Game! fights for me and then, at a pre-identified HP level, runs back to town. I usually spend 15 minutes just doing a lot of clicking attack (fighter) and making sure my War Cry and Murderous Rage are on, and then once I run my stamina down, I play with combinations and cooking.