Game! - Where the stick is mightier than the sword! Forum Index Game! - Where the stick is mightier than the sword!
Official forums for Game!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Game!Game!   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stocking fee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game! - Where the stick is mightier than the sword! Forum Index -> Gameplay
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PopeInnocent
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:16 pm    Post subject: Stocking fee Reply with quote

I was just trying to sell something in the "Items in Demand" section of the market (an Apple, to Drane, at 1000 gp), and I was told to "Come back when I can afford the stocking fee."

I would've thought that Drane would've paid this "stocking fee" as part of his reservation fee, or, more likely, that the 50 gp would come out of the sale price. Requiring that a seller have 50 gp available when there's an automatic, immediate buyer seems like unnecessary bureaucracy.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stocking fees are only paid by the seller, not the buyer, in this case you're the seller.

Having said that, I agree that in this case, the Market should take the stocking fee out of the gold you gain from the sale, if necessary and possible. The reason it doesn't is because the current interface is really just a convenient way to stock that particular item at that particular price, and as such, doesn't know that it's going to sell immediately yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game! - Where the stick is mightier than the sword! Forum Index -> Gameplay All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: