Statistics Textbook and Cookbook

Do you play Game! too? Maybe you should discuss it in here.
technohat
Regular Poster

Statistics Textbook and Cookbook

Post by technohat »

When using the Statistics Textbook or Cookbook, I've noticed they sometimes vanish into a pile of dust the first time I use them but other times it lets me use them a certain number of times before turning to dust. Now this isn't the problem. The problem is it sometimes will give me the same item combination or recipe it already gave me. I don't remember the exact items in question but I've seen it happen multiple times. For example, while using a cookbook it lets me use it six times and I learn the following recipes.

Exciting Pizzas
Grape Tarts
Mashed Potatoes
strawberry tart
Exciting Pizzas
chocolate milk

While I understand it's probably just random chance, it would be nice if there was a check to prevent it from giving you a recipe that it already gave you with the same cookbook or statistics textbook. This of course should reset once the item in question turns to dust.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

You're right, it is random chance, and thanks to the birthday paradox, the chances of getting a duplicate recipe are actually quite high. So, I guess you're also right in that it'd be a nice touch to have, I'll probably add this.