mail system, or...?

Everybody has feature ideas, come share yours!
AAGH
Regular Poster

mail system, or...?

Post by AAGH »

is it possible to make it so that you can place a whole group of items on the swap shop, or implement a mail system for transferring items?

I'm not saying it should be free, even a surcharge per item would be acceptable, but the current system of having to add single items is rather cumbersome when you are cleaning out a character's inventory, and being able to trade whole sets to people who need them would be really convenient.

sorry if this isn't a new suggestion, I just wanted to get it down on the forum before I left work... :D
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

I think people have asked about making it easier to add items to the Swap Shop before, however, that was before inventory groups existed and I don't think any concrete suggestions came out of it.

Now that I think about it, it'd be fairly easy to add a few "meta" items to the dropdown, one for each of the sets and custom groups you have. In that way, you'd be able to just select the metaitem to add or remove an entire set or custom group quite easily, which I think addresses most of the desire here.

Thoughts?
AAGH
Regular Poster

Post by AAGH »

That would address the problem nicely. I don't mind using the swap shop, but perhaps you should charge a higher fee for a meta-item (500 gold or comparable) to offset the utility so it's not something people would use all the time.

Also, perhaps there could be a safety deposit box at the bank that would be bind to account, but it would have to be crafted at max level out of crazy hard to get items, or you could create a quest where you have to craft the deposit box, and in order to get other characters attuned to the box, they would have to get the reagents to craft the key...

I mean, having a shared bank would make it easier to pass items up or down, like cooking materials and such.

just throwing ideas out there.

also, I was thinking about the possibility of an arena of sorts where you go through battles (and are barred from leaving until you die) and you get five or so level appropriate potions of each type and are rewarded when you die based on how many battles you get through. this might be a good training area for people to learn how elemental weaknesses are.

you'd probably have to block their inventory so people couldn't cheese the system by bringing in an assload of potions.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

AAGH wrote:That would address the problem nicely. I don't mind using the swap shop, but perhaps you should charge a higher fee for a meta-item (500 gold or comparable) to offset the utility so it's not something people would use all the time.

Also, perhaps there could be a safety deposit box at the bank that would be bind to account, but it would have to be crafted at max level out of crazy hard to get items, or you could create a quest where you have to craft the deposit box, and in order to get other characters attuned to the box, they would have to get the reagents to craft the key...

I mean, having a shared bank would make it easier to pass items up or down, like cooking materials and such.

just throwing ideas out there.
Well, both 50 and 500 gold are equally peanuts to higher level players, I don't think 500 gold would discourage them any more than 50 gold would.

I don't really want to encourage trading between characters when both characters are played by the same person. But I don't actively prohibit it either.

Though, making the safety deposit box pricey to attain (and only possible late in levels) would probably work.
AAGH wrote:also, I was thinking about the possibility of an arena of sorts where you go through battles (and are barred from leaving until you die) and you get five or so level appropriate potions of each type and are rewarded when you die based on how many battles you get through. this might be a good training area for people to learn how elemental weaknesses are.

you'd probably have to block their inventory so people couldn't cheese the system by bringing in an assload of potions.
This has actually been on my TODO list for awhile. It adds a whole new angle of challenge, because you can't just go back to the healer after every fight as you can now. Obviously the Wise Sage could report on the best survivors and highly desirable items could be available for those who do well.

I hadn't considered closing off one's inventory and just issuing a standard collection of potions, that's also an interesting twist. I was thinking that you'd be able to bring whatever you wanted into the fight, but obviously you'd be unable to restock until after you die. You would likely encounter battles that you couldn't just cheese through with potions, because the monster would do more damage per hit than the potions restore. There's also the non-trivial cost of such a large number of potions.