Getting out of the pit

Do you play Game! too? Maybe you should discuss it in here.
Terrific Noise
Regular Poster

Getting out of the pit

Post by Terrific Noise »

A hint might be nice, I'm eager to try all the new areas.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

I'm guessing you need some sort of rope...
eklipz19
Regular Poster

Post by eklipz19 »

Mad Merlin wrote:I'm guessing you need some sort of rope...
Is this some sort of rope something that can be found, or something that needs to be fashioned?

I thought several items in my inventory might prove useful (including one that I reckoned would be useful for swinging across a pit) but, alas, nothing.

Any small non-spoilerish hints would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

eklipz19 wrote:
Mad Merlin wrote:I'm guessing you need some sort of rope...
Is this some sort of rope something that can be found, or something that needs to be fashioned?

I thought several items in my inventory might prove useful (including one that I reckoned would be useful for swinging across a pit) but, alas, nothing.

Any small non-spoilerish hints would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
It must be fashioned, not found, and there's probably several varieties necessary...
eklipz19
Regular Poster

Post by eklipz19 »

Mad Merlin wrote: It must be fashioned, not found, and there's probably several varieties necessary...
I'll get on it. Thanks!
technohat
Regular Poster

Post by technohat »

Any other hints? I've been combining items left and right and still haven't been able to figure this out. Are the items you combine hard to find? can they only be found in a certain area?
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

technohat wrote:Any other hints? I've been combining items left and right and still haven't been able to figure this out. Are the items you combine hard to find? can they only be found in a certain area?
They're pretty easy to find, though they only drop in a certain area. Also, if you already have said items, you found them many many levels ago...
gunadai
Regular Poster

Post by gunadai »

I'm stuck here as well, and I have made a SR and a longer SR, but I'm obviously missing some other component, since I can't get down the ledge. I've tried combining the SR and LSR with several other items (including a few that are light producing since the ledge says it's too dark to jump down), but I keep losing the items to random bad combinations :( Can I have a small hint?

Sorry about the white text, I couldn't get a spoiler tag to work :?
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

gunadai wrote:I'm stuck here as well, and I have made a SR and a longer SR, but I'm obviously missing some other component, since I can't get down the ledge. I've tried combining the SR and LSR with several other items (including a few that are light producing since the ledge says it's too dark to jump down), but I keep losing the items to random bad combinations :( Can I have a small hint?

Sorry about the white text, I couldn't get a spoiler tag to work :?
Think about the first combination you made. If the ingredients were of length 1, and the result of length 2, how would one go about making different lengths?

To answer the question you haven't asked yet... why would one need more than just the longest? Well, experiment and you'll see...
gunadai
Regular Poster

Post by gunadai »

Mad Merlin wrote:Think about the first combination you made. If the ingredients were of length 1, and the result of length 2, how would one go about making different lengths?

To answer the question you haven't asked yet... why would one need more than just the longest? Well, experiment and you'll see...
Bah, I got it, I just had a mental block on this one I guess. Thanks :D
localjerkass
Regular Poster

Post by localjerkass »

I'm completely stumped on this one too.
I've tried to combine everything in my inventory that seemed even vaguely rope-like, but without success. I'm thinking that I probably haven't even seen the items I need to combine.
Could anyone possibly give a hint as to where I need to go to find whatever it is I need?
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

localjerkass wrote:I'm completely stumped on this one too.
I've tried to combine everything in my inventory that seemed even vaguely rope-like, but without success. I'm thinking that I probably haven't even seen the items I need to combine.
Could anyone possibly give a hint as to where I need to go to find whatever it is I need?
Stereotypically, if you were to escape from a prison, what would you use? Now, where you find something like that in Game!?
localjerkass
Regular Poster

Post by localjerkass »

Hey, thanks!
I've figured it out now, and I'm spending a lot of stamina points getting what I need :D
My problem was that I'd somehow managed to never get a hold of the object in question, so I really had no idea what to look for.
vex
Regular Poster

Post by vex »

I got a lot of those and managed to create something really long, but after that I'm stuck. Any kind of hint would be appreciated.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

vex wrote:I got a lot of those and managed to create something really long, but after that I'm stuck. Any kind of hint would be appreciated.
This comment has the hint you're looking for: http://wittyrpg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1863#1863