"Life Drain" spells at full health

Eeek! Bugs!
NicApicella
Regular Poster

"Life Drain" spells at full health

Post by NicApicella »

Hey there!

I believe to have found a bug.

When picking a fight on full health, I can understand that one does not get the drained points ? as I understand it, first the opponent's life is drained, then the points are accredited, and finally damage is dealt (by the opponent). It is thus sensible that the drained points get "lost": If the life meter is full, there is no way to add even more points.

What surprises me is this: Having determined the above, I usually start off with any non-draining attack if I have full health. This way, in most cases, I lose a couple of health points ? and now I can start draining! Except?not always.
In fact, when I drain more life points from the opponent than damage I received on the previous attacking round, no health points at all are awarded. In my opinion, I should get as many as my health bar fits; not more (as it would collide against what I described above) but just as well no less.

Let's make an example.
Let's say I start off with full health, which ? for the sake of simplicity ? is 100 HP. Now I hit my opponent, deal any amount of damage, and get hit in return. Let's say I get dealt 10 damage. Now my health meter is at 90. On the second attack, I cast a life drain spell. Let's assume I steal 15 health points. At this exact moment, 15 HP don't fit: I have 90 to go with a maximum of 100. 105 would be 5 too many. Still, I feel I should reach my maximum again of 100 HP. The other 5 may just as well "disappear", that's OK and makes sense. Unfortunately, in such a situation, I seem to get not 100 (minus the opponent's second attack), but 90 (minus the second attack).

Am I the only one seeing a problem here? Maybe it's not a mistake at all, possibly there is a reason for such a mechanism. If so, I'd love to have it clarified and explained ? otherwise, a bugfix would be nice. ;-)

Thanks for your help,
NicApicella
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

I see what you're saying, but I can't reproduce it. For me, something like this happens:

- You attack with 90/100 HP, drain 15 HP and go up to 100 HP
- The monster attacks and hits you for 10 damage, you're back down to 90/100 HP

You don't get to see the intermediate stage where you temporarily have 100 HP, but it does in fact happen.