Game! - Where the stick is mightier than the sword! Forum Index Game! - Where the stick is mightier than the sword!
Official forums for Game!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Game!Game!   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting out of the pit
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game! - Where the stick is mightier than the sword! Forum Index -> Gameplay
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terrific Noise
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:53 am    Post subject: Getting out of the pit Reply with quote

A hint might be nice, I'm eager to try all the new areas.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing you need some sort of rope...
eklipz19
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Merlin wrote:

Is this some sort of rope something that can be found, or something that needs to be fashioned?

I thought several items in my inventory might prove useful (including one that I reckoned would be useful for swinging across a pit) but, alas, nothing.

Any small non-spoilerish hints would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eklipz19 wrote:
Mad Merlin wrote:

Is this some sort of rope something that can be found, or something that needs to be fashioned?

I thought several items in my inventory might prove useful (including one that I reckoned would be useful for swinging across a pit) but, alas, nothing.

Any small non-spoilerish hints would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

It must be fashioned, not found, and there's probably several varieties necessary...
eklipz19
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Merlin wrote:

It must be fashioned, not found, and there's probably several varieties necessary...

I'll get on it. Thanks!
technohat
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any other hints? I've been combining items left and right and still haven't been able to figure this out. Are the items you combine hard to find? can they only be found in a certain area?
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

technohat wrote:
Any other hints? I've been combining items left and right and still haven't been able to figure this out. Are the items you combine hard to find? can they only be found in a certain area?

They're pretty easy to find, though they only drop in a certain area. Also, if you already have said items, you found them many many levels ago...
gunadai
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stuck here as well, and I have made a SR and a longer SR, but I'm obviously missing some other component, since I can't get down the ledge. I've tried combining the SR and LSR with several other items (including a few that are light producing since the ledge says it's too dark to jump down), but I keep losing the items to random bad combinations Sad Can I have a small hint?

Sorry about the white text, I couldn't get a spoiler tag to work Confused
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gunadai wrote:
I'm stuck here as well, and I have made a SR and a longer SR, but I'm obviously missing some other component, since I can't get down the ledge. I've tried combining the SR and LSR with several other items (including a few that are light producing since the ledge says it's too dark to jump down), but I keep losing the items to random bad combinations Sad Can I have a small hint?

Sorry about the white text, I couldn't get a spoiler tag to work Confused

Think about the first combination you made. If the ingredients were of length 1, and the result of length 2, how would one go about making different lengths?

To answer the question you haven't asked yet... why would one need more than just the longest? Well, experiment and you'll see...
gunadai
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad Merlin wrote:
Think about the first combination you made. If the ingredients were of length 1, and the result of length 2, how would one go about making different lengths?

To answer the question you haven't asked yet... why would one need more than just the longest? Well, experiment and you'll see...

Bah, I got it, I just had a mental block on this one I guess. Thanks Very Happy
localjerkass
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm completely stumped on this one too.
I've tried to combine everything in my inventory that seemed even vaguely rope-like, but without success. I'm thinking that I probably haven't even seen the items I need to combine.
Could anyone possibly give a hint as to where I need to go to find whatever it is I need?
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

localjerkass wrote:
I'm completely stumped on this one too.
I've tried to combine everything in my inventory that seemed even vaguely rope-like, but without success. I'm thinking that I probably haven't even seen the items I need to combine.
Could anyone possibly give a hint as to where I need to go to find whatever it is I need?

Stereotypically, if you were to escape from a prison, what would you use? Now, where you find something like that in Game!?
localjerkass
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thanks!
I've figured it out now, and I'm spending a lot of stamina points getting what I need Very Happy
My problem was that I'd somehow managed to never get a hold of the object in question, so I really had no idea what to look for.
vex
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a lot of those and managed to create something really long, but after that I'm stuck. Any kind of hint would be appreciated.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vex wrote:
I got a lot of those and managed to create something really long, but after that I'm stuck. Any kind of hint would be appreciated.

This comment has the hint you're looking for: http://wittyrpg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1863#1863
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game! - Where the stick is mightier than the sword! Forum Index -> Gameplay All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: