[DONE] More digits on experience display

Everybody has feature ideas, come share yours!
silentben
Regular Poster

[DONE] More digits on experience display

Post by silentben »

Okay the subject is a little inaccurate but it's hard to summarize concisely in one line so let me explain more.

Right now my experience is displayed as "2.2B" which is only two digits worth if information. It sure took a really long time to go from 2.0B to 2.1B to where I am now. Seems that the current logic is to take the experience and divide by 1000 as necessary and append an appropriate suffix like K, M, B, etc. Also it looks like the resulting number gets truncated at one decimal point.

The truncating happens regardless of how many digits exist before the decimal point. So currently you get numbers like 2.0B, 20.1B, or 205.8B

My suggesting is that instead of always truncating at one decimal how about always showing 4 significant figures? So instead you would see something like 2.088B, 20.14B, or 205.8B (the last one happens to be unchanged)
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Good idea. Done.

Also, it's worth noting that you can see every digit of your experience (and gold) in your Profile.
Rick
Regular Poster

Post by Rick »

4 digits is definitely better, except now 0 (zero) gold shows up as NAN in the side panel! (No Awesome (Gold) Nuggets??)
silentben
Regular Poster

Post by silentben »

Thanks! However now the green progress bar doesn't show up for me for experience.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Rick wrote:4 digits is definitely better, except now 0 (zero) gold shows up as NAN in the side panel! (No Awesome (Gold) Nuggets??)
Fixed.
silentben wrote:Thanks! However now the green progress bar doesn't show up for me for experience.
It still shows for me. Are you sure you didn't just gain a level (or die a couple times)?
silentben
Regular Poster

Post by silentben »

Mad Merlin wrote:It still shows for me. Are you sure you didn't just gain a level (or die a couple times)?
It wasn't due to low experience (I actually leveled unexpectedly while playing last night) But it's working for me now on a different computer. Strange. If I figure out a way to reproduce this I'll let you know.