Stuck in the future

Balance problems? Two legs are better than one!
null
Regular Poster

Stuck in the future

Post by null »

You can get stuck in the future if you are to weak to beat the boss then you get stuck in a die-loop because you can't defeat the boss, if you don't have lots of money you can't heal so you can't level up.

The temporary solution:

Try selling stuff to get the money to level up. (or put things on the market below the sell price with anther character and then sell it to get money). See Bug to the future

The solution:

Send the character back to the present if you die. (there could even be a chance the talisman gets destroyed and you fail to finish the quest)
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

There's a reason the Quest Master warns you about the future...

But you can also sell items normally to gather gold as well. However, victory should be well within reach for most characters once that quest is available. Dying sending you back to the present is an interesting twist, I might do that.
Cy
Regular Poster

Post by Cy »

I like it. Also this may be my Lyttle-Lytton entry this year.

"The only way I can get back is if I kill you!" Cy screamed at The Robot Leader, who shrugged off the begging like a request to cut in front of him in line at the supermarket. "I'm dying to go home!"

"Yes, you are," he said as he cleaved Cy in two. His disembowelments had lost the passion they had had merely days ago.

"Was he thinking of another hero, perhaps one who gave him more of a thrill during the kill?" Cy wondered as his blood drained out of him, filling a familiar puddle.
Terrific Noise
Regular Poster

Post by Terrific Noise »

Too good. You lose.
BobGod8
Regular Poster

Uhhh, no...

Post by BobGod8 »

I bed to differ, you can definitely get stuck and there's no way you can sell enough to make enough money to level up. And no, victory is not even close to within reach for me at the moment.
th3minstr3l
Regular Poster

I'm trapped myself..

Post by th3minstr3l »

I'm trapped in the future.

When I went there I was a lvl 22 mage with 1.1M EXP

through deaths and revives I'm now down to 0.5M EXP, about 20K credits, and repeatedly being slain I think my chances of ever leaving the future are buggered.

If my death threw me back to the present it'd be fine but..

HELP!!
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

As of a few seconds ago, there's now a non-zero chance that you'll be sent back to the present should you die in the future. However, you'll still possess the Talisman of Time, and thus you can revisit the future when you're more ready.

Of course, that doesn't help hardcore characters too much, but they all read the fine print before signing on the dotted line.
th3minstr3l
Regular Poster

Post by th3minstr3l »

Cool, thanks!
thousandinone
Regular Poster

Post by thousandinone »

OMG FUTUR ASASIN KILT MA HARDCOORSLIGHT KARIKTUR WOT DA FUG I DINT SINE NO DOTID LINE BLARGH!!!1