run away before a fight and complications

Everybody has feature ideas, come share yours!
stfrn
Regular Poster

run away before a fight and complications

Post by stfrn »

Mostly what I am looking for is if you ran away before you even got in a fight, it would not cost stamina. Two reasons, one I keep clicking adventure again by mistake, and also it would help for people only looking for one kind of monster. if youw ere cought, you'd then be ina fight, so it would drain then I guess.
Then, skills could come in, like rogues who can sneak up on foes and get in extra rounds first, or even monsters that do the same. Or the same for ranged attacks, you get a few hits in while the other party is running into range.
On the other hand, with rules to allow people to avoid more fights, or get stuck in fights, it would be nice to have more of a range of monsters within each zone. so you could fight a robust master spammer that does 2 whole damage! Likely it would just could as being one level higher in all regards. Or lower. Or covered in cheese. Mmmmm.
Rux
Regular Poster

brilliant

Post by Rux »

I like it. I always hate adventuring again on accident, especially when you're hurt real bad.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

While I don't plan to reduce the stamina cost of fighting, I do plan to implement (an) item(s) that allow you to run away more effectively, so that if the battle looks like it's not going to end in your favour, then you could use the item. Perhaps one of the higher quality items would restore a point of stamina, giving a similar effect to what you're looking for. I don't expect to make such an item common though.
Last edited by Mad Merlin on Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psychospin
Regular Poster

Some idea

Post by psychospin »

There could be the option (during a fight) to take a potion of healing, or if one really want or need to run, there could be a potion of running, and even a potion of critical hit.
Also, the Accessory could include 1 or 2 rings with the same efect as charms, or other efects.
stfrn
Regular Poster

Re: Some idea

Post by stfrn »

psychospin wrote:There could be the option (during a fight) to take a potion of healing, or if one really want or need to run, there could be a potion of running, and even a potion of critical hit.
Also, the Accessory could include 1 or 2 rings with the same efect as charms, or other efects.
Already done, being worked on, already suggested :)
We already have pets as anoutehr accessory, so I think we are good there. Skills are anouther option way to improve. I gues the thing is that there are many ways to do a potion of running/crit. One is that you do it right away, IE you do it once at 100%, or that it boosts your stats for a breif while, like a potion that gives you +5% crit for the next fight. But I think those kinds of things would be better doen with active skills, still waiting to see what mad makes for those ;)
Speaking of skills, I'd kind of like ditching the base classes, and instead of having "magical training" as one skill to buy, which would then be required for other mage skills. Maybe have races or something to determine base stats, giving a choice of higher run or higher defence, etc.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

With regards to classlessness, I don't plan to remove all of the classes per se, however I'm now thinking of having a class that isn't really a class at all, in that you can take it several different ways. A blank slate to start if you will, but of course much harder to balance properly.
Gnarf
Regular Poster

Re: brilliant

Post by Gnarf »

Rux wrote:I like it. I always hate adventuring again on accident, especially when you're hurt real bad.
Clicking on "adventure again..." is the only "danger". It's the only thing which keep your alertness. It adds some stress, especially for a hardcore player. I think this stress must stay ^o^
Rux
Regular Poster

Re: brilliant

Post by Rux »

Gnarf wrote:
Clicking on "adventure again..." is the only "danger". It's the only thing which keep your alertness. It adds some stress, especially for a hardcore player. I think this stress must stay ^o^
i see. good point.
psychospin
Regular Poster

Post by psychospin »

Has the game engine changed in some way?
I haven't died for a long time and now I die twice almost in a row in a zone where I haven't had any problems.... it's strange....
psychospin
Regular Poster

Post by psychospin »

Third time....
psychospin
Regular Poster

Post by psychospin »

Fourth time... this is getting really hard... every time I take a potion I get a critical, and what monster takes 4 hits while pratically dead anda doesn't die?
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

See the newest news item, monsters now have weaknesses and strengths. This initially applied to both fighters and mages, but currently it doesn't apply to fighters at the moment as it made some things too difficult for them, I'm going to add it back in shortly after I fix a few things up.

For example, blaze against the flaming chainsaw is now less effective, while freeze is more effective. Keep these sort of things in mind.
Rux
Regular Poster

Post by Rux »

heh i leveled up and got a new spell and then the level was strong against the spell.