More types of raids

Everybody has feature ideas, come share yours!
null
Regular Poster

More types of raids

Post by null »

I suggest three types of raids.
  • Aggressive raid
    Neutral raid
    Defensive raid
Aggressive raid would almost certainly do some damage but here would be a high chance of receiving some damage.

Neutral raid would have medium chance of doing some damage and a low chance of receiving damage.

Defensive raid would have low chance of doing some damage and no chance of receiving damage.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

I was thinking of changing raids so that they're a little less one sided. Right now, the worst that can happen to the attacker is that they'll lose some raid points, whereas the defender can lose large sums of gold and campground improvements. It's similar to what you're suggesting, but I think if you perform a raid and lose badly, there should be some actual loss.
kariloy
Regular Poster

Post by kariloy »

If you raid without success you lose besides raid points, you loose morale :P which maybe could be a Stat... which would also affect the raiding (maybe even monster fighting ability), and then there should be other ways to regain it... hmm maybe I'm going to far too fast... *me blames the hot cappuccino*
Does this sig makes me look fat?
null
Regular Poster

Post by null »

Mad Merlin wrote:Right now, the worst that can happen to the attacker is that they'll lose some raid points
I wasn't aware of that... so it must really be a rare event (or am I just a superior raider).
Mad Merlin wrote:I think if you perform a raid and lose badly, there should be some actual loss.
First I was thinking about campground damage for the attacker, but that isn't logical. So I thought of pets. When an unsuccessful attack happens one of your pets could loose experience points or could be injured and couldn't be used for a few days (which would make you more vulnerable for that period of time and lower your attack in raids).
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

null wrote:
Mad Merlin wrote:Right now, the worst that can happen to the attacker is that they'll lose some raid points
I wasn't aware of that... so it must really be a rare event (or am I just a superior raider).
Oops. You weren't aware of it because it isn't true (attackers can't lose raid points). I blame the morning.
null wrote:
Mad Merlin wrote:I think if you perform a raid and lose badly, there should be some actual loss.
First I was thinking about campground damage for the attacker, but that isn't logical. So I thought of pets. When an unsuccessful attack happens one of your pets could loose experience points or could be injured and couldn't be used for a few days (which would make you more vulnerable for that period of time and lower your attack in raids).
Pets could be interesting. Perhaps they could be captured and then held for ransom.
null
Regular Poster

Post by null »

Mad Merlin wrote: Pets could be interesting. Perhaps they could be captured and then held for ransom.
I don't think the ransom part is such a good idea. No ransom in the Game! world could make Rux give me my pet back. And what if the player who has captured my pet doesn't play any more. Maybe if the ransom was some fixed sum of money and the other player has no control over this.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

null wrote:
Mad Merlin wrote: Pets could be interesting. Perhaps they could be captured and then held for ransom.
I don't think the ransom part is such a good idea. No ransom in the Game! world could make Rux give me my pet back. And what if the player who has captured my pet doesn't play any more. Maybe if the ransom was some fixed sum of money and the other player has no control over this.
You could probably recapture pets in a raid too.
null
Regular Poster

Post by null »

Mad Merlin wrote:
null wrote:
You could probably recapture pets in a raid too.
This could help. But the way it is now I doubt I could do any damage with one pet less (tried attacking a one or two lower level character, but he had 16 pets and I had 15... 5 times... 0 luck).

Maybe if I could make myself a new pet I would help, but then I wouldn't need the old one anymore.

Maybe the pet could escape in a few days. That would solve the problem. (But its the same as if it was injured for a couple of days,)