Snake Atrium

Do you play Game! too? Maybe you should discuss it in here.
Canazza
Regular Poster

Snake Atrium

Post by Canazza »

With regards to the new quest, I think there may be a problem with the Winter King Cobra

# Your Black Knight Detective mumbles to you, "That Winter King Cobra appears to have 3440 HP remaining."
# It also appears to be nearly immune to cold attacks.
# It also appears to be vulnerable to fire attacks.

I'm currently a level 32 mage, the zone is 29+.
When I first saw this i figured it was the boss monster, that would give me the key to the Snake Cupboard.
If I were to go in all-guns-blazing and batter the git with Major Blaze i'd run out of mana quite quickly.
So, wanting to complete the quest I went and got myself 50 Nectars of Life (costing me all my 350k) and I decided to chip away at it with regular blaze.
After nearly exhausting my supply of NoL it died, and dropped sod-all.

Is this a bug? is there an Extra 0 on the end of this guys HP?
Wally
Regular Poster

Post by Wally »

Wow, so many wrong assumptions in a single post. :P Anyway, I don't think there is an extra 0, just that perhaps you should level up some more. Believe me, you should save some exciting quests for later levels. :)
Canazza
Regular Poster

Post by Canazza »

was just wondering, what with it being in a level 29 zone, and me being able to easilly take down the previous area's monsters. Just seemed a bit suspect.
Wally
Regular Poster

Post by Wally »

Well, there may be an extra 0, I just don't think so. But I don't actually know more than you do. :)
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Re: Snake Atrium

Post by Mad Merlin »

Canazza wrote:With regards to the new quest, I think there may be a problem with the Winter King Cobra

# Your Black Knight Detective mumbles to you, "That Winter King Cobra appears to have 3440 HP remaining."
# It also appears to be nearly immune to cold attacks.
# It also appears to be vulnerable to fire attacks.

I'm currently a level 32 mage, the zone is 29+.
When I first saw this i figured it was the boss monster, that would give me the key to the Snake Cupboard.
If I were to go in all-guns-blazing and batter the git with Major Blaze i'd run out of mana quite quickly.
So, wanting to complete the quest I went and got myself 50 Nectars of Life (costing me all my 350k) and I decided to chip away at it with regular blaze.
After nearly exhausting my supply of NoL it died, and dropped sod-all.

Is this a bug? is there an Extra 0 on the end of this guys HP?
The HP on the Winter King Cobra is correct. He /is/ killable with both level 29 Fighters and Mages, I made a point of testing this. You might want to investigate a few of the other new things added in the same update...

Also, the Winter King Cobra frequently (but not always) drops something you're looking for.
kdubs
Regular Poster

Post by kdubs »

I'm looking for a snake charmer... this guy is tough