Map

Everybody has feature ideas, come share yours!
Zealot
Regular Poster

Map

Post by Zealot »

i was thinking, maybe you should make a map with the town at the center
and like trails going to different areas.
and depending on the distance it would use more stamina
and then your run ability would effect whether or not a creature stops you in a place before you get somewhere.
so you could click a place a couple spots away from the town, and this would cause the computer to use your run ability to calculate the chances of those zones you pass through catching you in an attack.

and you could make a second town and have different items for different culture their.

just thought that would be cool.
prolly a lot ot implement but it might be interesting.
"And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh."
-Neitzsche
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

The second town is something I've considered already, I'll probably put one in sooner or later.

Doing actual travel from one place to another is something I don't expect to implement. Overall I think it's kinda gimmicky and wouldn't really make things any more fun than they are now. Plus, it would be a fair bit of stuff to implement, as it's quite the departure from the current system. The other (current) problem with that idea is it would be kinda difficult to represent sans art, and with Kariloy being very busy with classes, the previously steady stream of art has essentially run dry.

At the very least, I don't like the idea of getting stopped by other monsters on the way to some place as it would get old quite quickly if it happened anything more than rarely. It does open up possibilities for new items and effects, but at the moment I think it's a far off possibility if anything.
Rux
Regular Poster

Post by Rux »

one town is enough for now. can't imagine what would be different about a second city.