Value of combined items not even

Balance problems? Two legs are better than one!
stfrn
Regular Poster

Value of combined items not even

Post by stfrn »

Almost all of the combonations are a bit random in the value of the result, for example, each "Gigantic Healing Potion" is 350gp, and can be combined to a 500Gp Absurdly. That means you've lost a bit of Gp in making them. Not the most extreme example, but I didn't want to give things away ;)
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

With the potions at least, that's intended. Since you can buy all the items required to do the combination from the store, if the end result was worth more than the sum of the requisite items, you could create an infinite amount of money for yourself easily, which of course would be bad. Perhaps if combining items cost stamina, then the result could be worth more than the ingredients, but that has other negative side effects which probably outweigh the positive direct effects.

Admittedly, the buy/sell value of most items is pretty arbitrary right now, I haven't really balanced them to any great extent. The one thing I have tried to do is make sure that there is nothing that can be exploited to create infinite amounts of money. In the end I think I'm going to lower all the buy/sell values to encourage trading with other players instead of selling to random passerbys, so to speak. That, and it'll increase the relative value of gold.

By no means do I expect the value of a particular item to be the same to random passerbys and other players alike. In general, I would expect that some items (food in particular) would be worth significantly more than their autosell value, where as other items (quest items with no other uses) to have very little worth and probably not be traded for more than their autosell value.
Rux
Regular Poster

:O

Post by Rux »

holy crap i just realized how much duct tape costs. I knew how much it was but i never really put it into perspective. Sheesh that must be a huge roll of duct tape or one REALLY nice piece of duct tape.