[DONE] You have a ... following you

Everybody has feature ideas, come share yours!
Will
Regular Poster

[DONE] You have a ... following you

Post by Will »

Could you add the level of the pet you have with you to the display?
evev
Regular Poster

Post by evev »

Interesting thought. I've clicked to the Pets page many times after seeing the level-up message to check whether my pet has hit 15 yet so I could level something else.

The only problem I see is that adding the level would make that portion of text fairly big:

For better or worse the sidebar is fairly skinny and long words or names get wrapped around.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

That was my thought, perhaps when your pets level up, it should tell you their new level?
evev
Regular Poster

Post by evev »

I think that's one good way of handling it.

Talking about leveling up, would it be possible to maybe bold the message about how much exp and gold you gain after a fight? Less to convey that particular information and more to give you a clearer visual signal that the fight is over. Alternatively remove the picture of the monster from the display when you deal the killing blow?
Will
Regular Poster

Post by Will »

evev wrote:The only problem I see is that adding the level would make that portion of text fairly big:
Yeah, I guess that's true. What about showing a floating layer containing the pet's level when you mouse over the "following you" text?
Mad Merlin wrote:That was my thought, perhaps when your pets level up, it should tell you their new level?
This would be a very welcome addition.
--Will aka Smelly Steve
evev
Regular Poster

Post by evev »

Will wrote:What about showing a floating layer containing the pet's level when you mouse over the "following you" text?
I think that's an interesting idea; maybe the pet's current exp can also be displayed along with the level in the tooltip or floating layer.

Personally I'm nonplussed by having to click the Pets link to check the level of my current pet, however this change help in leveling the pets you intend to keep only as campground defenders. :D
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

It now tells you the new level of your pet when they level up.