[DONE] Two new Wise Sage top ten lists

Everybody has feature ideas, come share yours!
Wally
Regular Poster

[DONE] Two new Wise Sage top ten lists

Post by Wally »

• - number of creatures killed
    - number of deaths
I guess it's pretty easy to implement. I'm very interested in the first one, and the second one may give players new motivation. :twisted:
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Number of deaths is one that Rux won't be #1 on, at least for the time being.

You're right that they're not hard to implement though.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Done.
Wally
Regular Poster

Rux

Post by Wally »

Wow, Rux is violence incarnate! BTW, I haven't been playing too much lately (besides rebuilding my campground from time to time), but it seems like Rux is not around. No posts here, no dumping stuff at grossly inflated prices at the market (or is he/she renamed to Rick?).
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Re: Rux

Post by Mad Merlin »

Wally wrote:Wow, Rux is violence incarnate! BTW, I haven't been playing too much lately (besides rebuilding my campground from time to time), but it seems like Rux is not around. No posts here, no dumping stuff at grossly inflated prices at the market (or is he/she renamed to Rick?).
He tells me he's been too busy with work/kids lately. He still hangs around IRC (#game! on Freenode) though.
Rick
Regular Poster

Rick is not Rux!!

Post by Rick »

I think my prices are very reasonable (comparatively speaking anyway!), and I am moving plenty of merchandise :D

I only charge an arm and a leg for the high level and/or rare stuff, but most high level characters have money to burn.

I like the new Wise Sage stats. It looks like I have a long way to go to catch Rux! The other stat I would like to see is a pack rat stat (showing who has the most stuff!!, perhaps only counting items that cannot be purchased at the item & equipment shops).
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Re: Rick is not Rux!!

Post by Mad Merlin »

Rick wrote:I think my prices are very reasonable (comparatively speaking anyway!), and I am moving plenty of merchandise :D

I only charge an arm and a leg for the high level and/or rare stuff, but most high level characters have money to burn.

I like the new Wise Sage stats. It looks like I have a long way to go to catch Rux! The other stat I would like to see is a pack rat stat (showing who has the most stuff!!, perhaps only counting items that cannot be purchased at the item & equipment shops).
You mean distinct items (like at the Pack Rat Trainee), or all items in total? (I think the former is far more interesting.)
Rick
Regular Poster

Re: Rick is not Rux!!

Post by Rick »

Mad Merlin wrote: You mean distinct items (like at the Pack Rat Trainee), or all items in total? (I think the former is far more interesting.)
Both would be kind of cool. The former defines the discerning collector whereas the latter defines the guy who throws absolutely nothing away!!
Cy
Regular Poster

Post by Cy »

Rick, there is no reason to get angry at someone just because they don't participate in the monopoly which is the "Free Market."

Sorry, boss. Please don't blackball me from the market.
Rick
Regular Poster

Post by Rick »

Cy wrote:Rick, there is no reason to get angry at someone just because they don't participate in the monopoly which is the "Free Market."

Sorry, boss. Please don't blackball me from the market.
??? :? I'm not angry and I'm a little confused that you think I am! I was only pointing out that apart from high level and rare items my prices are about 50% lower than Rux's used to be!
Cy
Regular Poster

Post by Cy »

the latter defines the guy who throws absolutely nothing away!!
Just making a joke at the idea that someone who hoards their goods would not be selling product to you.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Cy wrote:
the latter defines the guy who throws absolutely nothing away!!
Just making a joke at the idea that someone who hoards their goods would not be selling product to you.
Obviously he hoards everything so that he can sell it to you and horde even more gold!
Rick
Regular Poster

Post by Rick »

Mad Merlin wrote:Obviously he hoards everything so that he can sell it to you and horde even more gold!
:lol: and here I was laboring under the delusion that my gold stockpile was also my score!

Seriously, the whole hoarding thing started as an attempt to determine what the relative probability of various monster drops was (in order to determine the real rarity of certain items), after which I embarked on a journey to gather data points on how the market works. I learned many surprising things (which probably deserve their own thread!).
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Rick wrote:
Mad Merlin wrote:Obviously he hoards everything so that he can sell it to you and horde even more gold!
:lol: and here I was laboring under the delusion that my gold stockpile was also my score!

Seriously, the whole hoarding thing started as an attempt to determine what the relative probability of various monster drops was (in order to determine the real rarity of certain items), after which I embarked on a journey to gather data points on how the market works. I learned many surprising things (which probably deserve their own thread!).
You probably know your Financial Advisor quite well then...
Cy
Regular Poster

Post by Cy »

Mad Merlin wrote:
Rick wrote:

You probably know your Financial Advisor quite well then...
I know I do... his name is Rick