High health/mana levels?

Balance problems? Two legs are better than one!
Birnie
Regular Poster

High health/mana levels?

Post by Birnie »

Currently level 43 with around 900 health and 2000 mana. The past couple levels seem to have given me a lot more health and mana than in the past. There were also some fluctuations when I changed gear that didn't have health or mana modifiers, or a set bonus.

Just want to make sure this is normal. 8)
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Ah hah! No, it actually isn't normal. I found and fixed the bug. What was actually happening is at midnight when player stats were autohealed, in certain cases, your uncooked max HP/MP was set to your cooked max HP/MP. So, if you were wearing a Gigantic Magical Charm at midnight, you'd have (temporarily*) permanently gained 160 MP for each night that you were affected. Thanks for spotting that...

As for impact, everyone was affected on Sunday, while a small number of people were affected on Friday and Saturday (more or less, only if you played late in the afternoon).

* The bad (or possibly good, depending on your perspective) news is that I need to roll back those changes. I can do this fairly accurately, but I think being that you found the bug (and fairly quickly at that), it's fair game to let you keep the accidentally gained HP and MP, if you want to. Of course, there'll also be a standard issue Squashed Bug arriving in your Inventory shortly.
Birnie
Regular Poster

Post by Birnie »

While that's tempting, I think I'll have decline in the interest of fairness. I chose a hardcore character after all, I don't want to make things too easy. :P

I guess I'd better be more careful with those l337 d00ds, they've been pushovers so far!
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

There, things should be retroactively fixed now.