Touch Screen

Eeek! Bugs!
oniko
Regular Poster

Touch Screen

Post by oniko »

I like all the new maps. The problem with that is that the alt-text does not show up on touch screen devices (like my Nokia N810, and I would guess the same for the iphone/touch devices). Would be nice to have a full-text option to support these devices (and also to reduce the page load times especially on a non-3G network).

Just my 2 cents. :)

-O
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

You can turn off images in your preferences if you'd like, that turns the maps back into their regular text forms (as well as removes all the other images... items, monsters, etc).
Rux
Regular Poster

images

Post by Rux »

I use a touch screen and just turn off my images, but i've also seen the images more times than i can count. works out pretty well except the levels on the world map.
oniko
Regular Poster

Post by oniko »

I'll need to try that the next time I'm hiding out in the garage :)

-O
oniko
Regular Poster

Post by oniko »

Actually, I now remember why I brought this up in the very first place. With the graphics turned on, you can mouse over and read the alt-text for the level of that zone. On a touch screen, there isn't a way to mouse over to get the alt-text for that information.

It's not a big deal. I don't have any suggestions to improve the interface for a touch screen device.

-O