Raid points - Official feedback thread

Do you play Game! too? Maybe you should discuss it in here.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Raid points - Official feedback thread

Post by Mad Merlin »

I see many people have been enjoying the newly added campground raids, and I've added a new feature to that mix -- Raid points. Essentially they rank you in relation to other players as to how good of a campground raider you are. As the news item details, this is still an experimental feature, and might change in the future, but that just means it needs more feedback in the meantime! Please test it out and let me know what you think by leaving some feedback here.
Last edited by Mad Merlin on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sgt Racoon
Regular Poster

Post by Sgt Racoon »

yeh, So how excactly does the points system work? Oh, and how do I get more raids?
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

The number of raids you get per day is based on your opulence, and the points system is a relative "score", based on how many Raids you win and lose. You get more points for winning against players with more points, and visa versa.
Sgt Racoon
Regular Poster

Post by Sgt Racoon »

"opulence"?
Sorry, failed English.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Sgt Racoon wrote:"opulence"?
Sorry, failed English.
One of the stats listed in your campground. Increased by various campground improvements.
thehobbit
Regular Poster

Post by thehobbit »

Sgt Racoon wrote:"opulence"?
Sorry, failed English.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=opulence
op·u·lence
n.
1. Wealth; affluence.
2. Great abundance; profusion.

opulence
n : wealth as evidenced by sumptuous living [syn: luxury, luxuriousness, sumptuousness]
Sgt Racoon
Regular Poster

Post by Sgt Racoon »

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=opulence
op·u·lence
n.
1. Wealth; affluence.
2. Great abundance; profusion.

opulence
n : wealth as evidenced by sumptuous living [syn: luxury, luxuriousness, sumptuousness]
[/quote]

Lol, that's awesome.
(ignore my retardation)
OtherBob
Regular Poster

Re: Raid points - Official feedback thread

Post by OtherBob »

Mad Merlin wrote:I see many people have been enjoying the newly added campground raids, and I've added a new feature to that mix -- Raid points. Essentially they rank you in relation to other players as to how good of a campground raider you are. As the news item details, this is still an experimental feature, and might change in the future, but that just means it needs more feedback in the meantime! Please test it out and let me know what you think by leaving some feedback here.
First off, thanks for such a great, but simple game. I have a lot of downtime at work (think Maytag repairman scenario) and simple web games like Game! help cover the boring times. Love the puns and sense of humor in the game.

Can you limit how much coins are stolen in Raids?

Some people have made it up to level 50 before and started new characters. Can't say I blame them, there's always something you missed or something new. They load up these newbies with all sorts of toys from their main, aka "twinking", ok, sure. Whatever floats your boat. They go raiding other people's campground to get Raid points, while it was nice having some raid points that's the whole idea of raiding, to beat up other players.

The catch is, new spells/skills are expensive, so expensive you can't afford them when you first qualify for them, and then when you throw in raiders taking tens of thousands of coin on top of that some people are (I'm sure unintentionally) griefing other players by taking all their cash.

The short term solution is to put your cash in the swap room, it's "protected" from raiding there, or to swap it with a bank character, but that seems like an awful lot of work on the player's part when a simple game code could be done.

Thanks!
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Re: Raid points - Official feedback thread

Post by Mad Merlin »

OtherBob wrote:Can you limit how much coins are stolen in Raids?
I've noticed the people storing their gold in the swap shop to protect it from raids, and I agree that this shouldn't be happening or necessary. In the mean time, I've been thinking of ways to solve the problem, and I've got a few ideas floating around in my head. I'll implement something by the end of the week, provided I find some free time.
PootiPuerk&AsSeenOnTV
Regular Poster

Post by PootiPuerk&AsSeenOnTV »

i was raided for more than half a million!
really satamusic on myspace-facebook-last.fm-RL
th3minstr3l
Regular Poster

Post by th3minstr3l »

It strikes me that most people in real life, put their money in the bank to protect it from raiders..

although it'd be nice if we could get interest on our savings?
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

th3minstr3l wrote:It strikes me that most people in real life, put their money in the bank to protect it from raiders..

although it'd be nice if we could get interest on our savings?
0.25% annual interest, 20 million gold minimum balance? Just like the real banks!