[FIXED] Possible minor bug

Eeek! Bugs!
sideburns
Regular Poster

[FIXED] Possible minor bug

Post by sideburns »

I was fighting the dreaded Account Ant, and it messed up my tax return causing me to lose -256 gold pieces. That's right, the error was in my favor. Not that I'm complaining, mind you, but I doubt that's what you intended.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Re: Possible minor bug

Post by Mad Merlin »

sideburns wrote:I was fighting the dreaded Account Ant, and it messed up my tax return causing me to lose -256 gold pieces. That's right, the error was in my favor. Not that I'm complaining, mind you, but I doubt that's what you intended.
Hmm, how much gold did you have at the time?
Wally
Regular Poster

My accountant is my friend

Post by Wally »

sideburns wrote:I was fighting the dreaded Account Ant, and it messed up my tax return causing me to lose -256 gold pieces.
The Account Ant, dreaded by lesser heroes, did actually finance many of my Holiday Island trips. :P
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Mad Merlin wrote:
sideburns wrote:I was fighting the dreaded Account Ant, and it messed up my tax return causing me to lose -256 gold pieces. That's right, the error was in my favor. Not that I'm complaining, mind you, but I doubt that's what you intended.
Hmm, how much gold did you have at the time?
Nevermind, I found and fixed the bug.
Wally
Regular Poster

Post by Wally »

Mad Merlin wrote:Nevermind, I found and fixed the bug.
I thought it was a feature. I actually liked that the Account Ant made me money whenever I had less than around 15k. Then off to spend it at my favorite offshore vacation spot...
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Wally wrote:
Mad Merlin wrote:Nevermind, I found and fixed the bug.
I thought it was a feature. I actually liked that the Account Ant made me money whenever I had less than around 15k. Then off to spend it at my favorite offshore vacation spot...
That's not quite what happened, actually. Before you would be left with 92.15% - 101.85% of your gold. Now you'll be left with 96.85% - 97.15% of your gold. Same expected amount of gold loss, but a tighter range (without the oddness noticed above).
Wally
Regular Poster

Post by Wally »

It's strange, because my experience was definitely that I almost always gained money when I only had a little and I always lost money when I had more than 20-25k.

But you are the one seeing the code...
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Wally wrote:It's strange, because my experience was definitely that I almost always gained money when I only had a little and I always lost money when I had more than 20-25k.

But you are the one seeing the code...
Well, humans are very good at seeing patterns where there are none.