Daily Stats and other combine methods

Everybody has feature ideas, come share yours!
dissonance
Regular Poster

Daily Stats and other combine methods

Post by dissonance »

I know the Wise Sage does some of this already but I think it would be neat and maybe even handy to have a report like page for the day and maybe the past day or two. Something like:
You have found these items today:
You have made/cooked these items today
You have gained ____ EXP today
You killed __ monsters today
You have made/found ___ gold today

Also for those of us still learning new recipes I am thinking it would be handy to have a page just for a single item with a list of things it could combine with... That sounds confusing. Like a link on the inventory page for [combine page]. That would bring a page with links to all the items in the inventory. Then you could click on any single item to try to combine it with the item that brought the page up. You could have 2 columns if you wanted to include cooking on the same page. This still seems a little clunky and for this purpose, but I wanted to throw out some idea along this line
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

The daily stats would be fairly easy to do, I've added it to my TODO list.

As for easier combination experimentation, I know what you mean. I'm picturing an [ experiment ] link, which brings you to a page that lets you attempt to combine and cook the selected item with other items with a single click (on a [ cook ] or [ combine ] link). The other important facet of the experiment page would be that if your attempted combination doesn't result in an actual combination, you don't have to go back and reselect the item to experiment with, which probably means the [ cook ] and [ combine ] links would AJAX in their results and show them inline somewhere. Sounds a bit like what you had in mind?
benpaulthurston
Regular Poster

about the sage

Post by benpaulthurston »

A thing I'd like the sage to be able to do is show me a complete list of players who spent stamina. I can't tell from the sage whether there are any lower level players coming up that might be interested in my old lower level stuff. because I can only see the top of the list and people immediately around me. i'm seeing it as maybe a "more details" link in each category or something like that. As for the daily summary that sounds cool too.
Rux
Regular Poster

sell all

Post by Rux »

just sell everything. seems to be working for me.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

The experimentation part is done now, except I called it fiddling instead.