Campground raids!

Do you play Game! too? Maybe you should discuss it in here.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Campground raids!

Post by Mad Merlin »

Have you tried them yet? If not, why not? If so, what did you think of it?

(If you tried and couldn't find anyone else to raid... try setting something up here!)
Rux
Regular Poster

yarrr

Post by Rux »

yarrr i be rich now. follow me men! we'll rape the horses and ride out on the women!
Nina
Regular Poster

Post by Nina »

I have tried them and they're evil. I get raided but can't do too much damage to my raiders. Urgh.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

The campground raids are heavily based on your power and opulence, try increasing those and you should experience more success.
Nina
Regular Poster

Post by Nina »

Okay. Thanks for the tip.
deathstick
Regular Poster

Post by deathstick »

is there a certain level that it would be best to start this? i havnt done anything with my campground yet, my char (Raistlin) is level 5. I thought i'd wait until he's higher level, would it even be worth doing now? I don't want to get swomped by the higher levels, lol
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

You can only raid players that are within 3 levels of you. So at level 5, you could raid anyone from level 2 to level 8, consequently, you shouldn't be swamped too badly by higher level characters at any point.
Nina
Regular Poster

Post by Nina »

Deathstick,

before you activate your campground raids, I suggest you accumulate as many improvements as you can. Otherwise, you'll be vulnerable to raids with no way to fight back.
deathstick
Regular Poster

Post by deathstick »

thanks for the info & tips
tmt
Regular Poster

Post by tmt »

Last night, attacked Rux' campground and got 1,062,723 gold. Holy crap. So I did it again. 13,726,150 gold. Then 8,029,819 gold and 5,023,803, for a total of 27,842,695. All put in the bank immediately after learning my lesson from the tax monster. This morning, I was raided 60 times in 7 minutes, campground destroyed completely. Swift retribution :) I got a message from Rux a few minutes after the raids , 'i believe you have 30 million that belongs to me.' I've been playing for about a month and a half, and tried the raid feature out first a couple of weeks ago so I'm not sure if I've missed some rules or did something I shouldn't have. It is a lot of money and I kind of feel bad. What do I do?
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

tmt wrote:Last night, attacked Rux' campground and got 1,062,723 gold. Holy crap. So I did it again. 13,726,150 gold. Then 8,029,819 gold and 5,023,803, for a total of 27,842,695. All put in the bank immediately after learning my lesson from the tax monster. This morning, I was raided 60 times in 7 minutes, campground destroyed completely. Swift retribution :) I got a message from Rux a few minutes after the raids , 'i believe you have 30 million that belongs to me.' I've been playing for about a month and a half, and tried the raid feature out first a couple of weeks ago so I'm not sure if I've missed some rules or did something I shouldn't have. It is a lot of money and I kind of feel bad. What do I do?
You didn't break any rules, you just caught Rux with his pants down. It's up to you what you want to do with the money (though if you feel bad, I'm sure Rux would be happy to take it back).
Rux
Regular Poster

yarrr

Post by Rux »

I don't use the bank because I don't get raided. At least not more than once. :)
keybounce
Regular Poster

Post by keybounce »

As someone who has been too afraid to even think of starting a PvP battle, until seeing this thread and seeing that you are only subject to a return attack from someone within three levels of you, I'd like to find out a little more about this.

At lower levels, for example, one improvement can double the quality of a campground; the difference between a L3 character and a L6 character is very high. While a L47 and a L50 character isn't so high (what is the level max here, anyways?)

So, what can I expect if I start, or try PvP raids? Clearly, Rux is worth attacking -- he doesn't bank, he relies on "You'll only do it once", and once is enough.

For that matter, is it possible to get an auto-bank feature? As soon as I grab something from a raid it goes right into the bank to prevent retribution?

What are the PvP rules, or are we really expected to learn the hard way?

Equally, what is the lowest level at which you can PvP? Can I, for example, create two L0's and let them PvP, figuring that no one other than myself are PvP enabled at that low level? (And then practice as they get "older" until I run into another player I can't handle.)
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

keybounce wrote:As someone who has been too afraid to even think of starting a PvP battle, until seeing this thread and seeing that you are only subject to a return attack from someone within three levels of you, I'd like to find out a little more about this.

At lower levels, for example, one improvement can double the quality of a campground; the difference between a L3 character and a L6 character is very high. While a L47 and a L50 character isn't so high (what is the level max here, anyways?)

So, what can I expect if I start, or try PvP raids? Clearly, Rux is worth attacking -- he doesn't bank, he relies on "You'll only do it once", and once is enough.

For that matter, is it possible to get an auto-bank feature? As soon as I grab something from a raid it goes right into the bank to prevent retribution?

What are the PvP rules, or are we really expected to learn the hard way?

Equally, what is the lowest level at which you can PvP? Can I, for example, create two L0's and let them PvP, figuring that no one other than myself are PvP enabled at that low level? (And then practice as they get "older" until I run into another player I can't handle.)
You can indeed PvP from level 0, if you so desire. However, it'd be wise to wait until you have at least one improvement, otherwise you'll have 0 raids per day.

The rules for PvP are that there are no rules. However, making multiple characters for the sole purpose of bullying other players is strongly frowned upon.

The max level is 50.

I'm against the auto-banking feature, you only get a few raids per day, and you've got plenty of time to make it to the bank before you're raided back (unless the other person is online and paying attention at that very moment... in which case things are all the more interesting and I'm still against the auto-bank feature... OR they have email alerts on, in which case you still have plenty of time).

What to expect? Just try and see... But at lower levels you'll probably find a higher concentration of people with PvP enabled, but they'll be less dangerous than the people you'll meet at higher levels.
tmt
Regular Poster

Post by tmt »

Thank you for your help.