Scaling problem

Do you play Game! too? Maybe you should discuss it in here.
onime
Regular Poster

Scaling problem

Post by onime »

Hi,

I've been playing for a few days now, getting seriously hooked. Today I tried to play with my Asus eeepc, but it was (almost) impossible because these things have such small screens.

The menus at the top were on top of each other, so I couldn't click on Town, because it would trigger the Quick Nav thing and so on. Also in the world map, i could only scroll the map, and not the menu thing at the left side of the screen nor could I see the "attack" link at the bottom, because the whole screen doesn't scroll.

Oh yeah, this is with Firefox.

Anyways, i was wondering if there's some sort of a workaround or "lighter" version of the UI. As it is, I'm forced to play on my girlfriend's computer, and when I'm at her place i probably would have something more constructive stuff to do =). Her romantic life, btw, thanks the stamina system.

- Jussi
Onime@#alkoholismi@IRCNet
Rux
Regular Poster

quicknav overlap

Post by Rux »

i've been meaning to mention something about the quick nav issue. I fix it by changing the font size though.
onime
Regular Poster

Post by onime »

Heh, that actually worked. Decreasing the font size and enabling fullscreen mode gave me that extra half an inch i needed to see all the necessary links. Thanks man!
Onime@#alkoholismi@IRCNet
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Yes, shrinking the font size is a good option, everything should scale nicely. You can also tweak your preferences to omit some things (like turning off verbose sidebar, omitting the News and Town links in the top bar).

I tweaked the top bar a bit so that the quick nav shouldn't overlap it anymore and had a peek at 800x480ish:

Pretty snug, but it should be usable. It's unfortunate that the bottom of the sidebar is cut off a bit, but you can still see all the links. At least those are still normal sized fonts for me, though. I'm not sure how the bottom bar ended up off the page for you, that shouldn't be possible.

Hopefully that helps out a bit...