Game! - Where the stick is mightier than the sword! Forum Index Game! - Where the stick is mightier than the sword!
Official forums for Game!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Game!Game!   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Potential Game! Database...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game! - Where the stick is mightier than the sword! Forum Index -> Offtopic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SyQo
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: A Potential Game! Database... Reply with quote

Hey, Mad, I was strongly contemplating whipping up a nice little Web page where I could throw up all sorts of "hidden" data regarding the inner workings of Game! as I discover them; among these data would be things like experience formulas, lesser known information regarding items, various random numbers I come upon and such.

Would you at all object?
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind, no. I do consider that sort of thing a spoiler though, which some people would be interested in, and others would like to avoid like the plague. My intention was to have discovering those sorts of things part of the fun, for those so inclined.
SyQo
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, well, I wouldn't hold a dull butter knife to your average Game! citizen's throat in attempts to get them to visit the site; at least, not without telling them what I was forcing them to read, of course.

Heh, in all seriousness, though, I could do something like a "Reveal sensitive information that could totally ruin your Witty experience" link where you deem it necessary.

If, of course, you'd rather I simply didn't, I'd totally understand. I'll probably take up the tast of figuring out a bunch of your formulas just for the hell of it; maybe they'll find a use somewhere down the line. Smile
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SyQo wrote:
Heh, in all seriousness, though, I could do something like a "Reveal sensitive information that could totally ruin your Witty experience" link where you deem it necessary.

I like this part. You can actually make the text black on a black background (or anything on the same colour background), then it only shows up if you select the text.

As for what constitutes a spoiler and what doesn't really boils down to the specificity and extent of what you're saying. For example, giving out specific cooking recipes or combinations would be a spoiler, but if you're only giving out one (and especially if it's an obvious one, like Plain Toast + Plain Toast), then that's no big deal. But, seeing a complete list of combinations or recipes would be no fun. Similarly, saying that various fruit tends to cook well with Pie Crust or that seemingly everything can be combined with Sticks wouldn't be a spoiler, but more just a hint.

So, go ahead and give it a go if you want, we can see what happens.
Rux
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: stick Reply with quote

WHAT!? THE STICK CAN COMBINE WITH STUFF!? my witty experience is ruined. Noooooooooooo
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PootiPuerk&AsSeenOnTV
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unlimited gold cheat codes Cool
null
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PootiPuerk&AsSeenOnTV wrote:

/*** SPOILER ALERT ****/

Just press ALT + F4 for that.
Zantac
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

null wrote:
PootiPuerk&AsSeenOnTV wrote:

/*** SPOILER ALERT ****/

Just press ALT + F4 for that.

I'm on a Mac so it just frowned at me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game! - Where the stick is mightier than the sword! Forum Index -> Offtopic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: