Game! - Where the stick is mightier than the sword! Forum Index Game! - Where the stick is mightier than the sword!
Official forums for Game!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Game!Game!   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's your favorite linux?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game! - Where the stick is mightier than the sword! Forum Index -> Offtopic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rux
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: What's your favorite linux? Reply with quote

what version of linux do you use?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentoo, obviously.
Rux
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: game! linux Reply with quote

we should make a game! distro
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That connects to the Internet, and opens Konqueror to http://wittyrpg.com on boot?
Rux
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: sort of Reply with quote

something smaller. I wonder what the lightest browser game! works in.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on your definition of works. For 100% working it'd need Javascript and images, which cuts out quite a few browsers. Game! works more or less completely on the Wii, though text input is a bit awkward, but that's a platform limitation. It apparently also works well on (some) Blackberries, though I haven't seen that in person.

Konqueror is pretty lightweight, though. Much much lighter weight than Firefox, at least.
Rux
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: libraries Reply with quote

if kde isn't installed is it still lighter than firefox. never checked. figured something like fluxbox for a desktop
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konqueror is like... an order of magnitude lighter than Firefox (at least as far as the size of the codebase goes). I don't think tossing in kdelibs will make much of a difference.
tedmustard
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Ubuntu Reply with quote

I feel this might be an unpopular choice for REAL linux users, but I prefer Ubuntu. Feel free to mock me.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ubuntu is good, but it always seems pretty unstable to me, at least in comparison to most other distros. Perhaps it's just Kubuntu, but I think Canonical is spreading themselves a bit too thin.
Rux
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:06 am    Post subject: ubuntu Reply with quote

i'm using ubuntu simply because it was easy. it recognized all my hardware and only had a few basic apps. I have found it to be a bit unstable though at times.
onime
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentoo. I've been using it exclusively for so long I suck at using anything else. I'm seriously going to get a gentoo tattoo when I go to prison Wink.
paolo_olo
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentoo rules, i am using it for 2 years now...
I have tried Suse, Fedora, Ubuntu etc, but I think I will always keep using Gentoo.
Wally
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Me too gentoo :) Reply with quote

I wonder why Gentoo users are so much over-represented here...

BTW, I have been using Linux since around 1994. I've been through Slackware, RedHat, SuSE, my-own-non-distribution (most of the time), but I have also been a Gentoo user for the last 3-4 years.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Me too gentoo :) Reply with quote

Wally wrote:
I wonder why Gentoo users are so much over-represented here...

BTW, I have been using Linux since around 1994. I've been through Slackware, RedHat, SuSE, my-own-non-distribution (most of the time), but I have also been a Gentoo user for the last 3-4 years.

What's also interesting is that (based on the Apache logs) despite there being more Ubuntu users than Gentoo users (slightly, about a 4:3 ratio), the Gentoo users are the overwhelming majority in this thread. I won't comment on the reason for that (because I don't know for sure), but I have my suspicions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game! - Where the stick is mightier than the sword! Forum Index -> Offtopic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: