the market

Do you play Game! too? Maybe you should discuss it in here.
Rux
Regular Poster

the market

Post by Rux »

I don't like how I get blocked out by someone if they sell something at a lower price on the market. sure people are going to by the cheaper one anyway, but they may not for whatever reasons. also, could it be made so if i don't enter a value when i put something on the market it just gets put of for it's normal value. and a way to put many of the same item on the market at once would be nice too. currently i just do the first one and then keep refreshing for the rest.

Game! :D
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

With regards to being blocked out with lower priced items, the current market system is there for two reasons, the first of which is because the floating div that appears if you click on an item won't be properly placed if there's multiples of it (it'll be placed at the first instance of it), and it would take a fair bit of legwork to get around that. The other reason for the current market system is that as more people start playing, and more items are added, if all items on the market were shown, it'd be a huge mess to navigate (think 500 or 1000 items being displayed at once), and that'll discourage people from using it, so in the end, everybody loses in that situation. Currently there's 130 items in Game!, and 188 characters, if each one sells 10 items, the market would be well past a usable state. The number of players is growing every day, can you imagine the same situation with 1000 characters?

Interesting idea with the default value on the market, but why would you want to sell an item on the market for the same price you could sell it to a random passerby for? Even at that, you'd be out the 50 gold stocking fee from the market. If the market was busy, it's also possible that you might put something very valuable up at far below it's real value and then have it snapped up by someone else before you realized what you've done.

Point noted about viewing items you have on the market however, I'll add in something for that soon.

Multiple additions to the market as well as for cooking and combining are already planned.
stfrn
Regular Poster

Post by stfrn »

Ooo, I can bring up costs as a % :)
When it comes to food, I can sell a tomato for 24 to a passerby, so I have to put it on market for atleast 75 to make more money. Would make more sense if it was say 10% of the amount you sell it for. Of course, food is worth quite a bit I hear......
Also, an option to find all items you are selling, so you can take them off would be nice.
Rux
Regular Poster

Food!

Post by Rux »

Sell Food!