New world map -- with pictures

Do you play Game! too? Maybe you should discuss it in here.
neko kyouran
Regular Poster

New world map -- with pictures

Post by neko kyouran »

Love the new world map with all its picture spiffyness, but I have a few questions about it though.

The old text "map" had the level behind the name in ()'s. Using that number, I could gage which zone I should be fighting in with one of my hardcore characters, so that I was sure I could attack a few times without fear of going to the wrong zone, and dying off the first mob that I fight. With the new picture map, those level numbers are now gone.

Are they supposed to be gone? Will they be comming back as pop up text when someone hovers the mouse over the zone?

Another way to do it, would be to have clicking on each zone take you to a sub page, where it would give you options to either "attack (add zone level number here)" or "back to world map".

I'm going to assume that over time the zones that have sub zones will get their own maps as well. And the above can apply to those as well.

Anyways, keep up the good work! It's been really fun so far. Helps me stay awake by giving me something to do while working the help desk graveyard shift.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

The new picturey world map actually has it's own brand of mouseovers, these don't work in IE6 though as it's too broken to support them. They're known to work in Firefox, Konqueror, IE7 and probably Opera, so if any of those are an option, you can use those instead. But I've added the level in brackets to the image alt text also, if none of the above are an option.

Yes, all of the sub-zones are planned to have their own maps as well, our artist has been too busy with other things as of late though.
neko kyouran
Regular Poster

Post by neko kyouran »

Ok, I figured it may have been just IE being its normal dumb self, but company policy says they want IE only, so that's what I'm forced to live with. I only hope that they at least upgrade to v 7.

I suppose I should have checked since I use FF at home before asking, but ah well.
Rux
Regular Poster

possible solution

Post by Rux »

I guess the obvious answer would be that maybe it's not a good idea to play game! at work, but of course that's just out of the question.

My solution I use is "portable firefox".
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Re: possible solution

Post by Mad Merlin »

Rux wrote:I guess the obvious answer would be that maybe it's not a good idea to play game! at work, but of course that's just out of the question.

My solution I use is "portable firefox".
Hmm, I don't see what else you'd do at work besides play Game!...
Rux
Regular Poster

post entries

Post by Rux »

post entries on the game! forum and chat in #game! at work of course.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Re: post entries

Post by Mad Merlin »

Rux wrote:post entries on the game! forum and chat in #game! at work of course.
Ah, good point.
Rux
Regular Poster

touche

Post by Rux »

and create game! art
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Re: touche

Post by Mad Merlin »

Rux wrote:and create game! art
Oooh...
neko kyouran
Regular Poster

Post by neko kyouran »

unfortunately, I have to deal with India instead of playing game!.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

neko kyouran wrote:unfortunately, I have to deal with India instead of playing game!.
You could tell India to play Game!.