[NOT A BUG] Problems with initial quest?

Eeek! Bugs!
keybounce
Regular Poster

[NOT A BUG] Problems with initial quest?

Post by keybounce »

I think this is a bug.

"Today is a better day to die" has been dying back and forth, and eventually went to visit the quest giver. Level 1 by that time (it is VERY hard to die on level 0)

Received the notice about "Bring me 5 can of spam", but also the notice "You didn't run away? Good. Here's how stamina works. Now bring me toast, and I'll cook you something".

But I still have those 5 cans of spam -- none were taken. So if none were taken, how will he make me spam toast when I return?

I never got the poverty set, nor the quest reward.

Oh -- is spam supposed to be entirely negative? Lower HP, lower stamina, fullness used (at least let us barf up some of that fullness :-)
keybounce
Regular Poster

Post by keybounce »

Alright, a second visit does give me the reward for spamming the quest master with the spam spammed from the master spammer. But the shabby armor is too high level to be used :-).

Shouldn't the poverty set be level 1?
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

This is a feature actually. It used to be that it was possible to directly go to finishing the quest and miss the intro text to the quest. People didn't like that, so I made it so you're always shown the intro text at least once, after you've seen it, you can complete the quest on the next visit.