Monster List upon Mouseover

Everybody has feature ideas, come share yours!
PopeInnocent
Regular Poster

Monster List upon Mouseover

Post by PopeInnocent »

Just as Game! keeps an inventory of which items people have seen, could it perhaps maintain a list of which monsters they've encountered?

And then, upon mousing over a location, Game! could display a list of all monsters which have been encountered in that location? Or perhaps just add a "Hostel" location in the Town where a person keeps a diary of the things they've found in each area...

I'm having a tough time remembering where a certain ietm was dropped, and having to make real life notes about such things would be a bit of a drag.

Thank you.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

"Real life" notes, the horror! I couldn't even find a working pen here if I wanted to...

You're right though, such a feature could be useful. I'm thinking it would be more useful if you could look up a monster by monster name (and then discover what zone they're in) rather than having to scrub through all of the zones to find where a monster is. Admittedly, they're both noticeably better than having to fight a dozen times in each zone to see what monsters can be found there...
keybounce
Regular Poster

Post by keybounce »

I actually started (last time I was playing) to make a spreadsheet of location, monster, and drop. And, since they dropped food, food type, recipe, consumption values, cooking expenses.

Eventually, I realized I was re-building the encounter and loot tables, the food tables, etc., best represented in a relational database, in a klunged together spreadsheet.

So yea, some way to automate what you saw where, and what you saw dropped by what, would be nice.