Extra Stamina Point in the Future

Eeek! Bugs!
Rick
Regular Poster

Extra Stamina Point in the Future

Post by Rick »

I just noticed yesterday that (some) characters that travel to the future somehow end up burning one more stamina point than they should have. I was leveling up some of my minions and their pets and I realized after the fact that my pets had all somehow expended an extra stamina point (I assure you - not a math error on my part!). So I repeated the experiment with another group of minions and this time it occurred only in 2/3 cases (weird), and unfortunately I was not paying close enough attention to see when and where it happened and because it is the future I have no way of going back (forward!!) and repeating the experiment again.

Obviously this is a very minor issue with zero effect on gameplay and may also be unverifiable - but it is a curiosity :)
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Just to clarify, when you say they burned one extra stamina point, do you mean they got a bonus stamina point (and thus 101 battles, assuming 100%->0%), or that one point was lost to the great bit bucket in the sky (and thus 99 battles)?
Rick
Regular Poster

Post by Rick »

They all got a bonus stamina point, or more precisely their pets did and the characters probably did too. Each character burned 225 stamina points in the future and after returning (the excess above 225 was burned off first, i.e. before switching pets), yet somehow each new pet fought 226 battles, so somewhere I got an extra battle (or credit for a battle I did not fight).
Rick
Regular Poster

Post by Rick »

I should also point out that I use this exact same procedure all the time when I am not in the future and the character stamina points and pet xp always comes out identical, it was only the trip to the future that somehow messed it up.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Ah, I see now. When the FLRA is spawned, a point of stamina isn't subtracted (it's a special code path), but you still get credit for the kill, assuming you eventually make it, resulting in the off by one error.

You could consider it a gift to offset the severe beatings said FLRA likes to hand out, at least until I fix the bug.

Edit: The case where you didn't get the bonus kill could be explained if you simply ended up dying too many times and getting sent back to the present without ever going back (forward!) again to finish the job.