Thief?

Everybody has feature ideas, come share yours!
stormcrowley
Regular Poster

Thief?

Post by stormcrowley »

Hi, and excellent Game so far. :)

My idea: a third character class, with an even balance between mage and fighter hp and stats, and gets skills like gold find (+a percentage to gold received after battle), steal (oh yeah), and others, I'm sure.

Honestly, I'm seeing quite a few parallels between the Dragon Warrior series and this - I'd like to eventually see multiple characters in a party in Game. ;)
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

I have put some thought into adding more character classes, Thieves in particular are next in line in terms of new classes. The biggest trick with more character classes is balance though, even with only two, it's tricky to keep the game reasonably balanced.

At their inception, Mages were quite a bit stronger than Fighters, and this distinction still remains somewhat, even though I've toned them down a bit and given Fighters quite a few bonuses. Ideally, I'd like to have all character classes even, but that's really just a dream, unless they're identical (and then, what's the point?).

So yes, Thieves, but not really really soon.

Also, I'm glad you're enjoying it.
Rux
Regular Poster

Mages \o/

Post by Rux »

can't go wrong with a mage. Except those first few levels. Yeah they kinda suck if you're a mage. But after that it's pwnage for everyone.
Sgt Racoon
Regular Poster

Post by Sgt Racoon »

I kinda have some ideas for classes. And cool classes would be: Gunner(would never get stronger, but get different guns),and change Theif to Ninja(their just more BadAss). And the coolest class I've come up with so far is the PixelMancer, that could summon old school game characters.

Awesome game, keep up the good wok
Rux
Regular Poster

pirates

Post by Rux »

if anything there should be pirates. But with the amound of pwnage the mages deal out why bother.
thehobbit
Regular Poster

Re: pirates

Post by thehobbit »

Rux wrote:if anything there should be pirates. But with the amound of pwnage the mages deal out why bother.
I want pirate robots. They'd still lose to the ninjas, but they'd be pretty darn awesome.
kariloy
Regular Poster

Post by kariloy »

Yeah I would like to see a lot of more classes.. maybe like the ones in nethack.. and even sillier... but alas in the current way that game! works I wonderstand that it wouldn't be very easy to do so.. 'cause of balance issues and other and therefore they would be aesthetical classes only... nevertheless I'll try to think of something meanwhile... I think I have an idea brewing... either that or lice making my head itch! :roll:
Does this sig makes me look fat?
Rux
Regular Poster

bill gates class

Post by Rux »

Bill gates class. it would have lots of money and instead of fighting it would just buy the whole area and fire all the creatures in it. :D
Rux
Regular Poster

pets

Post by Rux »

or better yet. instead of firing them. make them all his pets.
kariloy
Regular Poster

Post by kariloy »

well that is all nice and dandy but I'm really thinking in types of characters that could be playable whithin game! current standard or without drastic changes!

P.S. I used to do board games, you know? (well basically they were mostly clones of snakes and ladders with different artwork... but who cares? :roll: *cough*)
Last edited by kariloy on Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Does this sig makes me look fat?
Rux
Regular Poster

Post by Rux »

snakes and ladders class \o/