Reverse market (buying) thread

Do you play Game! too? Maybe you should discuss it in here.
keybounce
Regular Poster

Reverse market (buying) thread

Post by keybounce »

Post here if you are trying to buy something, and want to let people know what you'll pay.

Charcoal: 2,500
keybounce
Regular Poster

Post by keybounce »

{ Can't delete a post? }
Last edited by keybounce on Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick
Regular Poster

Re: Reverse market (buying) thread

Post by Rick »

keybounce wrote:Post here if you are trying to buy something, and want to let people know what you'll pay.

Charcoal: 2,500
Would it not be more efficient to use the reservation system in the market or post in the swap shop rather than here?
keybounce
Regular Poster

Post by keybounce »

I have reservations at that price.

But there is no in-game method for people to say "I'm willing to pay X for this". No one can see what you are offering, only what you are selling for.

I'm not trying to swap item for item in the swap shop. Frankly, I'm not sure what I have of value, so I liquidate everything in the market.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

You can offer a Plain Toast and 2500 gold at the Swap Shop, noting that you're looking for a Charcoal.
keybounce
Regular Poster

Post by keybounce »

Ahh .... learn something new.
Where will new players find that documented?
keybounce
Regular Poster

Post by keybounce »

Nobody has anything in the swap shop. How much does it get used?
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Well, there's a field for gold and a field for notes, I always assumed it was self-documenting...

Swap Shop activity ebbs and flows, though admittedly it does see less traffic than the Market. Having said that, I've been thinking about letting players toggle whether their reservation prices are public or not. Public reservation prices would produce another list of items like the "Items for sale" list at the Market, but with the expected reverse meaning. It would satisfy both types of shoppers (price snipers and "I need this item NOW!") fairly easily, whereas only the former is currently satisfied.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

I've augmented the Market such that you can now make your reservation price public and people can sell items to you (for which there is a standing public reservation) in very much the same way that you can buy items that are currently in stock.

Making your reservation price public is optional, so you can decide if you want the item sooner, or for a better price.

Today's news has the full story: http://wittyrpg.com/news/213/New_featur ... _tweaks%21
Rick
Regular Poster

Small Request

Post by Rick »

While I was initially skeptical of this feature, I have come to like it and have found it quite useful (I also notice I am practically the only one who uses it).

However I do have a small request. It would be nice if I could make my reservation public at the same time as I make the initial reservation. Perhaps via a "make public check box" similar to the "remember price check box"? That way it would not be necessary to scroll all the way to the bottom of my current item reservation list to make my price public and the entire process could be completed in one step as opposed to two.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Re: Small Request

Post by Mad Merlin »

Rick wrote:While I was initially skeptical of this feature, I have come to like it and have found it quite useful (I also notice I am practically the only one who uses it).

However I do have a small request. It would be nice if I could make my reservation public at the same time as I make the initial reservation. Perhaps via a "make public check box" similar to the "remember price check box"? That way it would not be necessary to scroll all the way to the bottom of my current item reservation list to make my price public and the entire process could be completed in one step as opposed to two.
It's possible, I think the original reason I didn't do it is because it'd either make the reserve box taller or wider than the offer box. Also, I figured that if you were putting up multiple reservations at a time, it'd be easier to scroll down and make them all public in one fell swoop.

I do see the case for the extra checkbox though.