Game! - Where the stick is mightier than the sword! Forum Index Game! - Where the stick is mightier than the sword!
Official forums for Game!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Game!Game!   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[DONE] Two new Wise Sage top ten lists
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game! - Where the stick is mightier than the sword! Forum Index -> Feature Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Terrific Noise
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had characters sitting at the #1 position in the most experienced characters list because it sorts by character creation date. A more fun way to sort it might be by how long you spend as the newest character at the top. For example, character #2000 reaches level 50 and stays there until character #2100 reaches level 50, ten days later. If no one newer than character #2100 makes the list for eleven days, #2100 is put on top.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrific Noise wrote:
I've had characters sitting at the #1 position in the most experienced characters list because it sorts by character creation date. A more fun way to sort it might be by how long you spend as the newest character at the top. For example, character #2000 reaches level 50 and stays there until character #2100 reaches level 50, ten days later. If no one newer than character #2100 makes the list for eleven days, #2100 is put on top.

Hmm, that's interesting, though technically speaking, kindof annoying to calculate. It'd also end up with a lot of rank shuffling on whatever period the stats get updated. The idea with that top 10 was to allow new characters to get into it (as you observed, newer characters get sorted higher than older ones when EXP is the same), as it's more "impressive" for newer characters to be at level 50 than older ones.
Terrific Noise
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about making a little quest, no big deal, that opens at a very high level, but it doesn't necessarily have to be 50. When you complete the quest you get a ham that was butchered (coincidentally) on the day your character was born, kind of a birthday ham. Once you eat this ham, you're then enrolled in a new list, "Freshest Hams Ever Eaten".

I dunno.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrific Noise wrote:
How about making a little quest, no big deal, that opens at a very high level, but it doesn't necessarily have to be 50. When you complete the quest you get a ham that was butchered (coincidentally) on the day your character was born, kind of a birthday ham. Once you eat this ham, you're then enrolled in a new list, "Freshest Hams Ever Eaten".

I dunno.

That's so random it's fantastic. I think I'll add that.
Terrific Noise
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. Love the game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Game! - Where the stick is mightier than the sword! Forum Index -> Feature Ideas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: