[DONE] Two new Wise Sage top ten lists

Everybody has feature ideas, come share yours!
Terrific Noise
Regular Poster

Post by Terrific Noise »

I've had characters sitting at the #1 position in the most experienced characters list because it sorts by character creation date. A more fun way to sort it might be by how long you spend as the newest character at the top. For example, character #2000 reaches level 50 and stays there until character #2100 reaches level 50, ten days later. If no one newer than character #2100 makes the list for eleven days, #2100 is put on top.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Terrific Noise wrote:I've had characters sitting at the #1 position in the most experienced characters list because it sorts by character creation date. A more fun way to sort it might be by how long you spend as the newest character at the top. For example, character #2000 reaches level 50 and stays there until character #2100 reaches level 50, ten days later. If no one newer than character #2100 makes the list for eleven days, #2100 is put on top.
Hmm, that's interesting, though technically speaking, kindof annoying to calculate. It'd also end up with a lot of rank shuffling on whatever period the stats get updated. The idea with that top 10 was to allow new characters to get into it (as you observed, newer characters get sorted higher than older ones when EXP is the same), as it's more "impressive" for newer characters to be at level 50 than older ones.
Terrific Noise
Regular Poster

Post by Terrific Noise »

How about making a little quest, no big deal, that opens at a very high level, but it doesn't necessarily have to be 50. When you complete the quest you get a ham that was butchered (coincidentally) on the day your character was born, kind of a birthday ham. Once you eat this ham, you're then enrolled in a new list, "Freshest Hams Ever Eaten".

I dunno.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Terrific Noise wrote:How about making a little quest, no big deal, that opens at a very high level, but it doesn't necessarily have to be 50. When you complete the quest you get a ham that was butchered (coincidentally) on the day your character was born, kind of a birthday ham. Once you eat this ham, you're then enrolled in a new list, "Freshest Hams Ever Eaten".

I dunno.
That's so random it's fantastic. I think I'll add that.
Terrific Noise
Regular Poster

Post by Terrific Noise »

Great. Love the game.