[DONE] PM?

Everybody has feature ideas, come share yours!
thehobbit
Regular Poster

[DONE] PM?

Post by thehobbit »

I'm just curious as to whether or not you intend to implement some sort of private messaging system in Game!? I see that it would be, at least in part, unnecessary since phpBB supports PMs. However, it would be more convenient if it was integrated into the game (for one, it wouldn't require that people sign up for the forums in order to receive PMs).

If you don't plan to implement PMs in Game!, are you considering automatically setting up an account on the forums whenever someone creates an account on Game!?

Thank you for your time and the great game
--Gabriel
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Re: PM?

Post by Mad Merlin »

thehobbit wrote:I'm just curious as to whether or not you intend to implement some sort of private messaging system in Game!? I see that it would be, at least in part, unnecessary since phpBB supports PMs. However, it would be more convenient if it was integrated into the game (for one, it wouldn't require that people sign up for the forums in order to receive PMs).
Have you tried the "Messages" area linked to in the top panel?
thehobbit
Regular Poster

Post by thehobbit »

I feel kind of stupid. For some reason, I never noticed that link. But my question still remains, though I worded it poorly before. What I meant was, will it become more fully integrated into Game!? For example, links to send messages to people who have items posted in the Swap Shop or Market.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

thehobbit wrote:I feel kind of stupid. For some reason, I never noticed that link. But my question still remains, though I worded it poorly before. What I meant was, will it become more fully integrated into Game!? For example, links to send messages to people who have items posted in the Swap Shop or Market.
Ah. That's on my list of things to do, it wouldn't be too difficult really, I just wasn't sure how useful people would find it.
Rux
Regular Poster

yep

Post by Rux »

you'd know i'd use it. :) I wish i could see that list of things to do. it must be huge by now.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Re: yep

Post by Mad Merlin »

Rux wrote:you'd know i'd use it. :) I wish i could see that list of things to do. it must be huge by now.
Quite.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Player profiles have a link to send that player a message now (and for awhile too).