Inventory Sales

Everybody has feature ideas, come share yours!
AtomicSnarl
Regular Poster

Inventory Sales

Post by AtomicSnarl »

The Inventory has a menu allowing you to sell items:
With selected items...
- Sell # of each
- Put # of each on the market
- ... etc
When you select Sell at the Market, there is no way to set the price the way you can through the Markets "Offer an Item" menu.

Could this be expanded to allow you to set a price for Market sales? It would save a step from scrolling through the Market page.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Another person was asking for a way to edit all (stored) item prices at once, probably through the Financial Advisor. Is that basically what you're wanting too? Or, did you actually want to sell large batches of items at non-default prices?
AtomicSnarl
Regular Poster

Post by AtomicSnarl »

When I'm looking at my inventory and decide I want to sell something at the market, I'd like to avoid having to step over to the Market page and have to sort through that whole listing. I know from Inventory, I can Sell at the Sell price, Sell at the Market at the market price -- what I'd like to do is, from Inventory menu, Sell at the Market at a price I set on that page.

I supposed I could open a Market page tab in my browser along with my Inventory page tab, but I'm looking for one stop shopping here. Well, one stop selling, that is! So yes, it would be to sell items at non-default prices without having to leave the Inventory page.
dissonance
Regular Poster

Post by dissonance »

You know what would be really neat would be like a checkbox for Show Your Market Prices or Edit Your Market Prices in the Inventory. I believe if you have the window sized large enough for fighting monsters, then there would be plenty of room for that. I was also thinking about a box that could come up for each item if you clicked on an option, but that would end up requiring too much work for a user that wanted to do more than a few. Oh and maybe there could be a checkbox next to the new spot for entering the market price for "Make this my new default"
dissonance
Regular Poster

Post by dissonance »

oh and I just thought what would make this neater is if you could see if an item you were about to sell was already for sale in the market. It would make sense to show the price that it was selling for but I wasn't thinking of using this as an underselling tool. I was trying to sell my stuff that wasn't already listed for sale in the market and thought there could be an easier way to do that.

Edit: Although I just realized that "The Items you do have" in the Reserve List is actually kind of useful for this :D
AtomicSnarl
Regular Poster

Post by AtomicSnarl »

The market has a way to sort the items for sale. Could this be applied to the inventory as well? At least the Alphabetical / by Level features?
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

The Inventory is indeed in need of some improvements still, I outlined a few of them over here: http://wittyrpg.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=299

Sorting isn't too hard to do though and would probably be a good intermediate step.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

It's been possible to sort your inventory for quite awhile now.