Too high spell costs

Balance problems? Two legs are better than one!
null
Regular Poster

Too high spell costs

Post by null »

I think spells cost to much compared to skills. Why does the strongest spell cost 3M when the strongest skill costs only 0.8M?

As I see it mages need to do much more grinding for gold than fighters. The difference can be seen even at low levels.

(Yes, my main character is a mage.)
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Spells are more powerful than skills. Fighters can survive without skills, but Mages would have a very difficult time without spells.
null
Regular Poster

Post by null »

Mad Merlin wrote:Fighters can survive without skills, but Mages would have a very difficult time without spells.
This means as a mage you have to do a whole lot more grinding just to survive. If a mage has to pay millions just to survive on higher levels and a fighter doesn's that means being a fighter is easier and you have more money to spend on items or holiday island.

As a mage you also have to spend more money to heal if I noticed correctly (because of MP I think).

If Rux hadn't offered millions for raw doughs I would still be saving for the meteor shower, while my fighter character had no trouble buying all the skills as they became available in the shop.

I also think this gives you a disadvantage in raids because you have less money to trade for campground improvements (which get destroyed often if you're a serious raider).
keybounce
Regular Poster

Post by keybounce »

Millions for raw dough?

Gee, I better start gathering and selling. Is that offer still good?
null
Regular Poster

Post by null »

No. There were a few offers of 1M gold for 20 raw doughs, 1M for 20 pie crusts and 1M for 50 wrods. I was lucky to have a surprisingly large amount of raw doughs and pie crusts so 2 M were mine.

But the funnies way to make money was to put hundreds of chain mails on the market because Rux was buying everything at the time and before he bought all of the chain mails I went to the shop and bought new ones with his money and put them on the market quickly. He must have bought at least 1000 of chain mails.
keybounce
Regular Poster

Post by keybounce »

Are those the "forward on to the next person" or "metal loops that protect you"?
Cy
Regular Poster

Post by Cy »

I wish my mage had done more grinding before the current quest. I'm losing money going to the healer and I can't kill the current boss before he kills me (2nd hit).

I just want to come home, but I can't.

Can my character put in an application to work for the boss? At least I could go home then.

Stupid Quest Master and his stupid movie.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Cy wrote:I wish my mage had done more grinding before the current quest. I'm losing money going to the healer and I can't kill the current boss before he kills me (2nd hit).

I just want to come home, but I can't.

Can my character put in an application to work for the boss? At least I could go home then.

Stupid Quest Master and his stupid movie.
You shouldn't be far from surviving 2 hits, perhaps try increasing your defense and/or HP.</hint>