your ferocity wanes...

Eeek! Bugs!
Will
Regular Poster

your ferocity wanes...

Post by Will »

I think there may be an off by one bug with the effect of War Cry. I had one turn left, saw the "your ferocity wanes" message, but the damage I was dealing out seemed to be reduced back to normal levels during the battle. I'm wondering if the turn counter is decremented at the beginning of the battle (like stamina) and that causes the effect to disappear before the battle begins. This makes sense for stamina, since running away from the battle shouldn't save your stamina. However, it seems to me that the effect of War Cry should last until the end of the battle.
Hyppy
Regular Poster

Post by Hyppy »

Wait, you're level 29 with War Cry?

I thought it was just something you would pick up after a while at the skill shop. I'm 36 now, though. Did I miss something?
Will
Regular Poster

Post by Will »

It is a spell, not a skill. You might want to investigate the Misty Plateau and/or visit the Magic Shop...
--Will aka Smelly Steve
Hyppy
Regular Poster

Post by Hyppy »

Wow. I completely glazed over that when I was leveling up!
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Re: your ferocity wanes...

Post by Mad Merlin »

Will wrote:I think there may be an off by one bug with the effect of War Cry. I had one turn left, saw the "your ferocity wanes" message, but the damage I was dealing out seemed to be reduced back to normal levels during the battle. I'm wondering if the turn counter is decremented at the beginning of the battle (like stamina) and that causes the effect to disappear before the battle begins. This makes sense for stamina, since running away from the battle shouldn't save your stamina. However, it seems to me that the effect of War Cry should last until the end of the battle.
Ah, you're exactly right. The count is decremented at the beginning of the fight, so there is an off-by-one error there. I'll fix that.
Will
Regular Poster

Post by Will »

Cool, my first bug!
--Will aka Smelly Steve
Will
Regular Poster

Post by Will »

I just noticed the same bug with Murderous Rage. My Profile said I had one turn remaining, but the damage I was dealing out during that battle was reduced back to normal levels.

Are you still giving out "squashed bugs"?
--Will aka Smelly Steve
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Will wrote:I just noticed the same bug with Murderous Rage. My Profile said I had one turn remaining, but the damage I was dealing out during that battle was reduced back to normal levels.

Are you still giving out "squashed bugs"?
Yes, it applies to all timed passive effects. And yes, I am still giving out Squashed Bugs, but normally I don't give them out until after I've fixed the bug.
Will
Regular Poster

Post by Will »

I didn't check War Cry again, so I wasn't sure if it was per-effect or global. That answers the question. Thanks!
--Will aka Smelly Steve