idea for pets

Everybody has feature ideas, come share yours!
Mister Whirly
Regular Poster

idea for pets

Post by Mister Whirly »

Here is my suggestion for the Blood Sucking Alien pet.

How about when he sucks the blood of your enemy, the hit points he sucks are transferred to your character's health? That would be sweet.
evev
Regular Poster

Post by evev »

Wow, that would actually be pretty sweet indeed, in my opinion! It would certainly help the BSA stand out more than just a pet that deals damage as percent of enemy's life instead of a point range.

It's been ages since I used the BSA, however, so I'm unsure how balanced the proposed ability would be against tougher monsters that have a lot of HP. If the BSA transfered 50% of the damage it dealt to you as health (for example), then it could be an interesting alternative to the Leprechaun by saving people money on trips to the Healer.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Actually a couple people in the past have assumed that that's how the BSA worked, then were wondering why it wasn't working when they actually tried it. That's probably not a bad reason in and of itself to change the BSA, though I might need to tweak how much damage he does (or tweak the percentage he returns to you).
Mister Whirly
Regular Poster

BSA

Post by Mister Whirly »

Yeah, I thought that was how it would work too after reading the name. Damage would probably have to be adjusted, or like you suggest getting a "percentage of the percentage" added to your health.
Will
Regular Poster

Post by Will »

This change would certainly make the BSA more useful. I haven't taken him along with me since I got him up to Level 15.
--Will aka Smelly Steve