Bestiary

Everybody has feature ideas, come share yours!
Will
Regular Poster

Bestiary

Post by Will »

I think other folks have requested this before. Just wanted to suggest another angle. I think it would be cool if the BN Detective compiled a Bestiary as part of his duities. Or perhaps a new/different pet could have this role. It would be especially cool to document each monster encountered with some basic information:

* Location & Sub Location where encountered
* Hit Points (range?)
* Weaknesses
* Strengths
--Will aka Smelly Steve
Will
Regular Poster

Post by Will »

Oh, nevermind. Just found the post where this is mentioned. Basically the same thing as I just said. Should really search before posting next time...
--Will aka Smelly Steve
Wally
Regular Poster

Post by Wally »

I've actually created a simple google doc spreadsheet with this information. It has 166 monsters and almost exactly the data you wanted (I might have missed a few of them -- definitely the once-in-a-game! ones).

But, I would really love automatic information gathering (like where items can be found, especially scrolls).
FunLovingKiller
Regular Poster

Post by FunLovingKiller »

I could write an AutoHotKey script which could accomplish the automatic information gathering you seek. It would take some doing, but I could append a text file with mob, item found (if any), experience and gold. You'd have to clean it up after the fact, but it would be automated.
Will
Regular Poster

Post by Will »

I'm actually in the process of creating a Firefox AddOn to gather the data automatically. If it turns out to be at all useful, I'll post a link here.
--Will aka Smelly Steve
evev
Regular Poster

Post by evev »

If you are going for completeness then I urge you try and accommodate the information provided by the BK Detective.