cookbook question.

Do you play Game! too? Maybe you should discuss it in here.
alucard454
Regular Poster

cookbook question.

Post by alucard454 »

ok, so i just collected all of a certain type of item, which i then traded in and for which i got a cookbook.

seeing said cookbook in my inventory with a shiny use button, i hit said button.... and learned precisely one recipe. and then the cookbook seems to have disappeared.

is this what is supposed to happen? i collected all those damn [items] and got a cookbook... and then learned a single recipe?

this seems just the tiniest bit anti-climactic, so i figured i'd at least ask.
Will
Regular Poster

Post by Will »

Is the recipe you got at least mind blowing in some way? Is it one you would never have figured out on your own?
--Will aka Smelly Steve
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Yes and no, every time you use the Cookbook, there's a chance of it exploding afterwards. However, you can learn any recipe with it.
Will
Regular Poster

Post by Will »

If you know all but one of the recipes and use the Cookbook, will it teach you the last remaining recipe or might you find a recipe that you already know?
--Will aka Smelly Steve
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Will wrote:If you know all but one of the recipes and use the Cookbook, will it teach you the last remaining recipe or might you find a recipe that you already know?
The latter.
evev
Regular Poster

Post by evev »

Ah yes, either of the books (Cookbook or Statistics Textbook) are suspectible to bad luck. The second Cookbook I ever used exploded after giving me a recepie I already knew! 8)

That said, you never have to worry about which character you use a book with (one who knows many combinations/recipes or few).