noobizoid question about pets

Do you play Game! too? Maybe you should discuss it in here.
alucard454
Regular Poster

noobizoid question about pets

Post by alucard454 »

erm. so. yea. pets.

i don't get it.

how does one go about acquiring pets?

i figured it was just something that would gradually become obvious as the game! went on, but i've got a lvl 13 dood now, and i'm still completely mystified.

do i have to FIND pets? or do i later on get to BUY pets? or am i just an r-tard?

thank ye kindly, in advance.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

You should try more of the shiny [ use ] links in your inventory.
alucard454
Regular Poster

Post by alucard454 »

hmm. alright, well i took your advice and so far i've ended up with:

a Dog House
a Fireplace and
a White Picket Fence

all hanging out and making my camp a generally better place to be...

oh and also this tiny little irish guy keeps following me around and dancing the occasional (presumably drunken) jig on my hard-won corpses. disrespectful little fella.

so yea, that's one pet anyways. i suppose i'll keep randomly hitting use buttons... that unmarked pill seems awfully tempting....
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

You definitely missed one pet already. There's one available from somewhere in the Abandoned House, if you're curious. (You can still go back and get it.)
alucard454
Regular Poster

Post by alucard454 »

i think i now have the one you were referring to (something with an insatiable craving for red life-juice) as well as a wee ghostie.

now i'm looking at an odd problem. see, i've got these body parts. body parts for a certain M.Python character. and based on some posts around the forum, i'm assuming that this character can somehow become a pet... which leads me to assume that perhaps these body parts can be combined into a full-blown personish thing? am i on the right track or barking up the wrong coconut tree?

speaking of trees... i wonder what will sprout out of my shiny new pony seed.....

this is fun :)

EDIT: annnnd about 10 seconds after posting this, i decided to combine an arm with a torso, thinking that would be a good place to start. i then ended up with a useless trinket, which was shortly thereafter traded for an aluminum pole. so... no pets. but i have this pole. which is nice. i guess.

doubleyew tee eff.

your mind must be an endlessly fascinating place to live.
evev
Regular Poster

Post by evev »

The Pony Seed should be self-explanatory, although it does also have an additional use in helping create another pet.

The Wise Sage sometimes gives instructions on how to recreate the BK. I recommend re-watching the particular scene from tQftHG and combining body parts in the same order they are being chopped off with each other.

Grats on getting a Useless Trinket though. Those are always a pleasant surprise.
alucard454
Regular Poster

Post by alucard454 »

since you seem to know a bit about it, could you tell me what else the useless trinket is good for? i traded it to the packrat guy because that's the only place i remember seeing it, and he gave me an aluminum pole... and of course i have no idea what i'm supposed to do with that.

and as far as combining order goes... i thought i remember he was just a head and torso at the end, so i did head and torso first.. but that didnt seem to work. hmm. guess i'll have to watch it again.
evev
Regular Poster

Post by evev »

Just like you I only know that the Useless Trinket can be traded to the Master Pack Rat. I'm clueless as to what the Aluminium Pole is used for.
alucard454 wrote:i thought i remember he was just a head and torso at the end, so i did head and torso first.. but that didnt seem to work.
Right, you are at the end of the scene trying to go backwards. What I recommend you do is start at the beginning of the scene and go forward! :D

Link to the start of the fight in that scene. Watch that part or the whole youtube clip, it's good times :)
Hyppy
Regular Poster

Post by Hyppy »

Also, do things in pairs. It's much easier to organize.