Comfy Shoes

Do you play Game! too? Maybe you should discuss it in here.

On a given day, would you have rather play longer than stamina, fullness allows?

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 12

benpaulthurston
Regular Poster

Comfy Shoes

Post by benpaulthurston »

I thought that if there were a footgear inventory category for your character, then maybe progressively more comfy footgear could cause your stamina to drain less quickly. I've read the past news and I understand the reasoning behind the stamina draining, that is, so people who only have an hour to play a day are on a level playing field, but I personally always feel that I would have liked to play longer but couldn't being full and drained of stamina, maybe a poll to see how many people feel that way. Sidenote: the image of a fighter in spiked armor and bunny slippers kind of cracks me up.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

I've seen it both ways actually, some people feel that you get too much stamina, especially at higher levels. Battles often take longer, and you do get much better food, overall you can spend over 300% stamina in a single day (the current record is 325%).

On the flip side, you do have the option of playing more than one character.

Also, you know you can vote in your own poll, right?
benpaulthurston
Regular Poster

yeah

Post by benpaulthurston »

I can kind of see it both ways, I like the way that I have to plan out how to get the most out of my days allotment of stamina, and it's probably a Good Thing that I can't just play until physical exhaustion sets in, I have one of those obsessive personalities that I would. from what I hear other RPG games try to encourage that as much as possible I kind of think you took the high road on that one. But aside from all that what do you think different funny kinds of shoes that do something maybe other than anything having to do with stamina? [/i]
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Footwear would be a good addition to the current set of equipment slots. Also, pants. Somehow, I didn't notice either was missing until now (it might say something about personal bias... but that doesn't explain why I did think of headgear).
Rux
Regular Poster

325?

Post by Rux »

a record of 325!? the wise sage keeps no such historical records. Who set such a record? rux wants more stamina
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Re: 325?

Post by Mad Merlin »

Rux wrote:a record of 325!? the wise sage keeps no such historical records. Who set such a record? rux wants more stamina
You did, actually. paolo_olo is in second place with 323% stamina in one day.
evev
Regular Poster

Post by evev »

Personally I think the existing Stamina system is well balanced and ideal.

What I like best about the system is that you regain full stamina at one time, it doesn't regain per # of minutes. This means I rarely have to worry about wasted stamina as I have 24 hours in which to fight. It also means I can set aside time for Game! without it being a distraction through out the day.

Regarding the amount of Stamina, I think it's fair that high-level players who need more EXP to level up have the option (through higher level foods) to gain more Stamina. As Mad Merlin said, if you really want to keep playing you always have the option of making several characters.

Edit: That said, more equipment slots (for example: Pants, Belt, Shoes, Amulet, Rings) would be most welcome in their own time :)