Quick Nav Broken

Eeek! Bugs!
Will
Regular Poster

Quick Nav Broken

Post by Will »

When I mouse over Quick Nav in the upper left, the links appear all jumbled with the text of all the links on top of one another rather than in rows. I can post a screenshot if needed, just let me know. I'm using Firefox 3.5.1
--Will aka Smelly Steve
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

I can't seem to reproduce this while logged in or logged out (different quick navs). A screenshot would be helpful.
Will
Regular Poster

Post by Will »

--Will aka Smelly Steve
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Interesting... I can get that result if I set the height of the <li>s in the quick nav to 0... but I have no idea how that'd happen without fiddling it in directly with Firebug.

This happens on every page, all the time?
Will
Regular Poster

Post by Will »

It has happened every time I've tried it so far. I'll keep looking. I'll also try disabling any browser add ons to make sure they aren't messing things up somehow.
--Will aka Smelly Steve
Wally
Regular Poster

Perhaps it is NoScript?

Post by Wally »

I also had this the in the last one or two weeks (in FF 3.0.12). I tried to investigate it, so I started a firefox profile without any add-ons -- there was no problem. Then I started my usual profile with plenty of addons, and was about to start disabling the add-ons to see which one causes it, when I realized that it is working again. So either Mad Merlin fixed it in the last five minutes, or my last add-on update did it. Which, by looking at the timestamps, was updating NoScript to 1.9.7.9 and updating Flagfox to 3.3.15. Of these two, I would guess some NoScript problem might have caused it.

All in all, check if updating NoScript (if you have it installed) might fix it.
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Re: Perhaps it is NoScript?

Post by Mad Merlin »

Wally wrote:I also had this the in the last one or two weeks (in FF 3.0.12). I tried to investigate it, so I started a firefox profile without any add-ons -- there was no problem. Then I started my usual profile with plenty of addons, and was about to start disabling the add-ons to see which one causes it, when I realized that it is working again. So either Mad Merlin fixed it in the last five minutes, or my last add-on update did it. Which, by looking at the timestamps, was updating NoScript to 1.9.7.9 and updating Flagfox to 3.3.15. Of these two, I would guess some NoScript problem might have caused it.

All in all, check if updating NoScript (if you have it installed) might fix it.
I didn't touch it. FWIW, it's a pure CSS effect, no Javascript is involved in the Quick Nav.
Wally
Regular Poster

Re: Perhaps it is NoScript?

Post by Wally »

Mad Merlin wrote:I didn't touch it. FWIW, it's a pure CSS effect, no Javascript is involved in the Quick Nav.
I went back to the previous version (1.9.7.7), and the Quick Nav has imploded again, so this should be the culprit. Actually, the NoScript changelog does mention CSS-related changes sometimes.
Wally
Regular Poster

Post by Wally »

Will wrote:Image
And of course, even though we seem to be hunting the bug, we never forget to be in awe of how you became a high class citizen from a simple pimp. :P
Will
Regular Poster

Post by Will »

Wally wrote:And of course, even though we seem to be hunting the bug, we never forget to be in awe of how you became a high class citizen from a simple pimp. :P
I've been after that damn Monocle for such a long time. Finally picked one up at the Swap Shop. It feels good to be a member of the upper class.
--Will aka Smelly Steve
Terrific Noise
Regular Poster

Post by Terrific Noise »

I knew I was dealing with a true gentleman when you offered me that fine thoroughbred horse for it. Cheers, old chap.