Experience Cap at Level 50

Do you play Game! too? Maybe you should discuss it in here.
Will
Regular Poster

Experience Cap at Level 50

Post by Will »

I've been at level 50 for a while now. It is a little bit frustrating to receive no experience from each battle once you reach the maximum level. Would it be possible to continue to gain experience even though there are no levels higher than 50 (at this time)?

I don't think that this would cause a significant imbalance if/when levels higher than 50 are added. The reason for this is the drastic jump in experience requirements from one level to the next. Battling monsters from even one or two levels below your current level slows your progress toward the next level to a crawl. This seems to hold even more for higher levels.

So, it seems to me that even the most avid Game!ers would only end up a few levels ahead if/when the ceiling is raised.
--Will aka Smelly Steve
kariloy
Regular Poster

Post by kariloy »

However, and following your own reasoning, wouldn't just a few levels make a big difference at higher levels?

If the cap wasn't there... I for once could be probably at level 100 by now (or have the corresponding experience to be there)...

For now the next best thing is to start a new character, and for example playing hardcore characters can be very challenging :wink:

There are some "secret" planning up "our sleeves" to further entice "senior players", however they demand a somewhat development heavy load :? so everyone will have to wait...
Does this sig makes me look fat?
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Re: Experience Cap at Level 50

Post by Mad Merlin »

Will wrote:I've been at level 50 for a while now. It is a little bit frustrating to receive no experience from each battle once you reach the maximum level. Would it be possible to continue to gain experience even though there are no levels higher than 50 (at this time)?

I don't think that this would cause a significant imbalance if/when levels higher than 50 are added. The reason for this is the drastic jump in experience requirements from one level to the next. Battling monsters from even one or two levels below your current level slows your progress toward the next level to a crawl. This seems to hold even more for higher levels.

So, it seems to me that even the most avid Game!ers would only end up a few levels ahead if/when the ceiling is raised.
The main reason fighting lower level monsters makes level progress so slow is that you gain less experience from monsters that are lower level than you. So, a Furry Rat at level 0 might give you 10 experience, but at level 1, it might start giving you 8 instead, and then at level 2, even less than that.

I think 50 levels is probably enough for the foreseeable future, but as already alluded to, some other options for high level characters are in the pipeline.

Barring that, you could pull a Rux and kill your character repeatedly to bleed off experience, then you'll gain experience again.

Barring that barring, perhaps you could exchange experience for items somehow, actually that might be interesting...
Will
Regular Poster

Post by Will »

Mad Merlin wrote:Barring that barring, perhaps you could exchange experience for items somehow, actually that might be interesting...
I'd gladly trade some experience for a Monocle...
--Will aka Smelly Steve
Mad Merlin
Site Admin

Post by Mad Merlin »

Will wrote:
Mad Merlin wrote:Barring that barring, perhaps you could exchange experience for items somehow, actually that might be interesting...
I'd gladly trade some experience for a Monocle...
What if it was... 1 BILLION experience? *puts pinky finger to mouth*
keybounce
Regular Poster

Post by keybounce »

Will
Regular Poster

Post by Will »

Mad Merlin wrote:What if it was... 1 BILLION experience? *puts pinky finger to mouth*
Gladly! That's less than I would lose by getting killed now that I'm at level 50...

I think there would be a whole bunch more Monocles in circulation if they cost "only" 1B experience
--Will aka Smelly Steve
kariloy
Regular Poster

Post by kariloy »

/me has a hidden cache of monocles... maybe :D
Does this sig makes me look fat?